We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safari and marine park

Level Contributor
408 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
safari and marine park

Have booked Dean for my next trip in March.

Thinking of a full day trip going to the Safari and Marine park, stopping at Goa Gajah and on to Ubud market with lunch somewhere

on our travels. Then straight home to Legian.

Should that be ok do you think? Dont want to ask too much of Dean or ourselves. It is 2 adults so thought prob wouldn't spend as much time at park as families would.

Anyone been to Goa Gajah.

Legian Driver Bali
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Parto Bali Driver
River Rafting & Tubing, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Olas Surf Bali
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
UP2U Surf School Bali
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safari and marine park

Safari and Marine park is fantastic. Will be going back there on our next trip in a few weeks. You can do it in half a day no problem with 2 adults. We did it in half day on my last trip and then went to BIMC in the afternoon. (long story).

Those with children would probably take most of the day after including the water park in their rounds.

Can't help you about Goa Gajah.

Edited: 8:08 am, August 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,227 posts
2,042 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safari and marine park

To make the most out of the Safari park can take the whole day. it depends what you want to do as there are shows and interactions. If you want to the elephant walk then that will eat into your time.

They also have some activities at 9:30 am so you have to get there early to catch that. From Legian it can take over a hour to get there.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safari and marine park

Hi ya

I think you gave me the info on Cafe Havan thanks for that. I emailed them & they can pick you up in a 63 Chevy!!

Anyway, sounds like you have a big day ahead of you. Personally I agree with PrestonTraveller, my partner & I went last year & it took all day but I think that depends on the package you buy eg if you get the Rhino package by the time you do your elephant ride, have your photo take & have lunch your day is almost gone & thats without checking out the whole park!! If you just get a general pass to look at the animals only then you could probably get it done in 3 hours. The Safari park is just awesome.

The Gua Gajah - Elephant Cave looks interesting but I've never been. Let us know what its like.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safari and marine park

I would consider staying a night in Ubub. It's a beautiful area and I think you will need more than 1/2 day at the Safari & Marine Park too

We went to the Elephant Caves: The 'cave' itself was rather disappointing, some interesting history and nice rock sculptures but we were in and out in about 30 minutes. There are also some rock carvings nearby that are recommended (we didn't go)

Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safari and marine park

I went last November with my 2 teenage daughters , we spent the whole day there , between the show in the morning and the meeting and photos with the tiger and orangutan , then off for an elelphant ride , we didn't get to the rides or the water park .

Now they tell me they have a show there as well

I don't no what its like

my travel blog

Perth, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: safari and marine park

My husband and I opted for the 'Rhino' Bali Safari & Marine Park package and had the best time ever! The elephant ride was 30mins long and was absolutely brilliant. With the 'Rhino' option you have the option of having Safari Park photographers take 2 photos for you, which I totally recommend. They will take a couple of photos for you to choose your best option and produce a large sized photo in very study framed booklet. We opted for the Elephant ride Photo and Tiger Cub photo (ie take your own camel photos). Make sure you at least opt for them to take the Elephant ride photo for you as you cannot take your own photos whilst on the elephant ride. The tiger cub is 3mths old and as the cats naturally sleep for up to 16 hrs a day, so the little cub loves his naps - especially after lunch. As they are taking the photo for you, they will wake up the cub and make him look playful - otherwise you can take your own photo, but with a wee sleeping puss. But he's absolutely lovely.

Also suggest you do the Safari tour twice, as suggest on other posts. You will also get unlimited rides and access to the water park (has about 4 or 5 slides/watertubes of varying sizes and heights - which are quite impressive). THen there's the small chn's rides and past this, the adult's playground - bumper cars, octopus, something like a big dipper that does through the water - all unlimited rides and a lot of fun.

My husband doesn't like bus rides, so for the same transfer price as the bus, they sent a driver in A/C van to pick us up and take us home to Nusa Dua. I had the hotel ring them to ensure we could book a dinner table in front of the window so we could have a great view of the lions. (Rhino package has option of lunch or dinner). We chose the dinner option and had a drink at UMA cafe in the day - but didn't eat lunch as we had had a big breakfase. The dinner at the restaurant was EXCELLENT - Main meal options were either Spaghetti Marina (excellent) or steak (which we didn't have, but the people on the next table seemed to be enjoying the dinner).

We can't recommend this trip highly enough - and I've been to South Africa twice!!!

PS Most of the animal shows / education shows are on in the morning (last at 11.30am), so if you want to see these and take your own transport, then factor this in. The Elephant Show at 4.30pm was very well done also.

Unfortunately, we did not see the other shows, so can't comment on them, however, sure they would be all well worth seeing.

Ensure you allow up to 1.5hrs time to get to the Safari Park.

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: safari and marine park

I would suggest the Safari Park will take longer than you think. I would allow most of the day there. There are many activities. They start at 10am with an animal show, then feeding elephants. The jungle ride, included in the ticket is half an hour or so. Lunch at the safari lodge is great. Just glass ( hopefully very strong ) the only thing between you and the lions.

Safari Park to Goa Gajah/Ubud is about an hour by car.

8. Re: safari and marine park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, March 28, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Legian
Recent Conversations