We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre booked 2 nights at champlung mas

queensland
2 posts
Save Topic
Pre booked 2 nights at champlung mas

travelling to bali early july for a wedding read a few horror stories about the accomadation ive cautiously booked 2 nites will wing the other 7. any tips will be appreciated

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre booked 2 nights at champlung mas

I don't like the Champlung Mas., so take time in the 2 nts you have there to look around. There are plenty in the area same price and nicer.

sydney oz
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre booked 2 nights at champlung mas

Ding its an also ran, stay one night, then move on, we only use it to get cheaper airfares, stay one night then do a harry out of there.

when we were teens in the late 60s- 70's any room would do, it was raw bali, losman's, but now..., creature comfort for the once child bride....she got old on me.....I can still climb a tree .....enjoy the trip.

Scott

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
528 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre booked 2 nights at champlung mas

We arrived there the first time in Bali... went to Mc'donalds and wanted to come home say no more but i will....

Apart from run down, in the back streets, a stick to slide across to lock your door, people staring at you, and the smell of mold, and men trying to sell you hash on the way out, I guess the cheapest around.

In Bali you pay for what you get.

But i've learnt think really bad and if its not that bad you will like it.

A lot of people like it like the person who recommended it to us grrr

The only cheapest place I would recommend is the green bali hotel in kuta very nice close to town very friendly love it.

Its not just a Wedding make it a holiday for yourself

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
528 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre booked 2 nights at champlung mas

by the way they are NOT horror stories they are all true lol

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,800 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre booked 2 nights at champlung mas

I stayed there a few years ago....2004 to be exact and for the amount of time spent in hotel it was fine.

Nice pool, nice gardens, spacious room but my friend and I kept blaming each other for flooding the bathroom and then we realised it was the plumbing leaking LOL.

I have a friend that stayed there last September and she thought it was fine.

What one person loves another hates but at the end of the day if you don;t plan to spend much time in the hotel and you go expecting budget, then 2 nights is probably fine.

If you are going to lounge around the hotel and you don;t like budget, then don;t bother with it.

Opposite is The Puri tanah lot, thats just as budget but cheaper.

Next to that is The Rosani, very small but nice and that's cheaper.

There are many hotels around and champlung mas has probably had better days.

Keep in mind when reading hotel reviews that alot of people complain about things because they have champagne taste on a beer budget.

Melb
Level Contributor
9 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre booked 2 nights at champlung mas

Stayed at Champlung Mas a couple of years ago. Room not available when we arrived...commonly overbook many rooms. After checking out 3 rooms-one wouldn't lock,one no aircon, one next to sewerage tank!...ended up with upstairs"superior"for 10 nights. Pool had cracked and broken tiles...kids cut feet. Breakfast ok but basic.Will never stay there again. Cheap but nasty!

Get out of there as quickly as possible and go further down towards Seminyak.

7. Re: Pre booked 2 nights at champlung mas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 13, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Legian