We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Suggestions for a Boutique Hotel near Puri Raja

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Any Suggestions for a Boutique Hotel near Puri Raja

I have some family staying at Puri Raja next year and would like to find a smaller boutique "Bali Style" hotel close to Puri Raja so that I can be very nearby (I don't fancy Puri Raja myself). Does anyone have any suggestions???? It does not have to be on the beach. I prefer bungalow style accommodation (but room accommodation of 2 stories or less is ok). There must be a pool and a nice garden is a bonus for my smallish children. Rooms should be airconditioned and have a tv. My budget will go to A$100 per triple room.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Suggestions for a Boutique Hotel near Puri Raja

Right next door to Puri Raja you will find Sari Beach Hotel. It's a small, boutique, Bali-style hotel with some of the most magnificent tropical gardens I have seen in Bali. The accommodation is room style, but the hotel only has a ground and first floor. The pool is not overly big, but quite adequate and there is a smaller pool for young chidlren and babies attached to the main pool. The rooms are fine with marble bathrooms and breakfast is great. The staff are lovely and the hotel is right on the beach. The rooms are all a/cond and have a TV. There is an interconnecting room available which is ideal for families and has a large, grassed lawn area. You can email Made at Sari on sbi@indo.net.id

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Suggestions for a Boutique Hotel near Puri Raja

The only problem with the sari beach and kids is that it is a very quiet property and most guests frown on noise. Not a family hotel.If the kids don't scream and shout Marco polo it is a great choice for smallness and serenity.

The Kusnadi is becoming a popular choice also.

Bungalows are becoming an endangered species in South Bali now, so many modern condos being built.

australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Suggestions for a Boutique Hotel near Puri Raja

Thanks for both the tips. Was it the Sari Beach Hotel which is said to be packed to the rafters with German tourists? I seem to remember that mentioned in a review somewhere. My kids have been known to scream marco polo round a swimming pool (when not screaming at each other) so maybe it is not the best choice for us. I will check out the reviews on that hotel. Any other suggestions would be more than welcome.

australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Suggestions for a Boutique Hotel near Puri Raja

I forgot to ask - is the Kusnadi close to Puri Raja? The Kusnadi is on my shortlist of places in which I would like to stay - so it may be that it is the perfect choice if within walking distance of Puri Raja.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Suggestions for a Boutique Hotel near Puri Raja

The Kusnadi is up Rum Jungle rd, so if you come back down to the beach you can walk up the pantai strip to Puri Raja.

You might check out the Resort Tunjung which i s next door to the PR and a great alternative to a triple room. The rates are about $60.00US plus $13.00 for an extra bed. They are quite lovely with a huge open living area, kitchen and 1 -3 bedrooms.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Suggestions for a Boutique Hotel near Puri Raja

Hi queenofpuds

Yes Kusnadi is close, Jayakarta Hotel street opposite is Jl Werkudara(Flying Piano, Yutz etc) it's at the bend in the road far end.

Villa Naga Maya and Villa Mimpi on/off Jl Werkudara Gg Arjuna and Villa Mimpi,Resort Tunjung Bali to the left of Puri Raja's front entrance/driveway(one and 3bedroom villas, small property, restaurant in front) Yuli Bungalows Gg Abdi off Jl Padma Utara almost opp Melasti Hotel, Sinar Utara Bali Hotel Jl Padma Utara on corner by Niksoma Hotel.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Suggestions for a Boutique Hotel near Puri Raja

oops! only one Villa Mimpi.

australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Suggestions for a Boutique Hotel near Puri Raja

Funny you should mention Villa Tunjung. I have just raced off an email after finding them on an old Legian map. They look just the thing for us - brilliant location, loads of room, great gardens, etc etc etc. I have asked for rates and some other information. Thanks for the other hotels listed. I will check them out now. All the best

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Suggestions for a Boutique Hotel near Puri Raja

Sorry, Linda, but I disagree about Sari not being a family hotel. I have stayed there many times and there have always been kids, many just young babies. And yes there sometimes are Germans at the hotel as the hotel is owned by a German, but is that a problem? Every time I have been there, the hotel has had a good mix of people, Europeans as well as Australians. In fact I am staying there next week and am looking forward to it!

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any Suggestions for a Boutique Hotel near Puri Raja

I just think it is a quiet hotel compared to larger places that cater more for families Elizabeth, the very reason I like it :).

I didn't make any mention of Germans or any race as that is absolutely no problem for me????

Get answers to your questions about Legian