We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Family Hotel in Legian

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Good Family Hotel in Legian

Hi we are a family with boys aged 7yrs and 5yrs and we are booking a holiday in Bali for next April and wanted to stay at the Hotel Dynasty but it is going to be closed for renovations. We are devastated as it has been highly recommended by lots of people. Soooo my question is can anyone suggest a great kid friendly place to stay in Legian. We dont really want to stay in Kuta. Will look into every suggestion.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
273 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Good Family Hotel in Legian

WA school holiday 2010 are from 2/4 to 19/4 and it is possible the hotel is fully booked on the dates you requested and not actually closed.. Try there website direct for availability yourself.

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Good Family Hotel in Legian

Hi travelwithchildren, yes I have email The Dynasty direct 2 days ago enquiring about my dates but they still havn't replied yet. The travel agent which gave me the quote said they will be closed from 1st Feb until 31st May as they are under going major renovations.

I have since emailed Holiday Inn for a quote which looks like they will be our next choice. They quoted me $1500 less than the travel agent - I am shocked!! I have only ever used a travel agent before. Everyone is telling me to to do it all myself online, I'm just nervous I guess......especially giving my credit card number to the hotel. And booking my own flights I will save another $500. Aaaah I probably wont sleep till next April worrying if everything is going to go through smoothly.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
273 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Good Family Hotel in Legian

I am a convert too. Up until last year I went through a travel agent for everything but after going onto the hotels/airlines web site direct to compare the prices I too have saved thousands. I was scared and sceptical at first thinking maybe they were not quoteing for the same thing but after confirming with hotels direct i realised the travel agents were charging me hundred of dollars extra for each person just for pressing a button on there computer !!!!!. Travell agents were also quoteing me hotel charges per person while most hotels charge per room - working out considerably cheaper !

Try going onto www.balidynasty.com web site and putting your dates in the availability/quote section.

Always get quotes from the hotels own web site and perhaps an online agent to compare.

KME
ACT, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Good Family Hotel in Legian

You probably have so many suggestions but I wouldl like to put my two cents in and say the Melasti Beach in Legian, we had a fantastic time, and the are great with kids.

Good luck in your decision and have the time of your life.

Cheers

KME

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Good Family Hotel in Legian

KME I did have a look at that one and it looks lovely with great reviews.

Travelwithchildren that is the website I emailed them through still no reply. I just put my dates in and it came up no rooms available but if I put in 5 days later (for 10 nights, rooms come up) so I have sent them through 2 more emails, 1 to reservations and 1 to enquiries asking if they are shutting for renovations when the travel agent said???

I hope I get a reply soon cause I am starting to get semi excited that we may get in after all.............Oh I hope so, my fingers are crossed.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Good Family Hotel in Legian

Th Niksoma is definitely NOT a kid friendly hotel. Two that are highly favoured by my friends with young children are the Patra or the Jayakarta.

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Good Family Hotel in Legian

I am so angry with this Travel Agent at the moment it seems the Dynasty is NOT closing down for renovation like she told me. It explains it all here

www.balidynasty.com/hotel/renovationsupdate/

They replied to my emails showing me this link and they havn't got the room available that we wanted but they have got one that is slightly dearer, which I have gone ahead and booked online and are just waiting for the confirmation from them. I had to change our dates slightly too but thats ok.

I have the email she sent me stating they hotel will be closing for 5 months.....I had a Bicardi and coke and it seemed to settle me a bit!

Oh well hopefully all has ended well and yay looks like we'll get to stay there after all.

Thanks for everyones suggestions I really appreciate it.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
273 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Good Family Hotel in Legian

So glad you got the Dynasty after all. Bloody Travel Agents ! Hope all works out well !! Linda

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Good Family Hotel in Legian

Why don't you put the name of the agent here? Forward the e-mail from that agent to Dynasty as well, so Dynasty can sue them and maybe upgrade you as a thank you.

Have fun,

Sandra

20. Re: Good Family Hotel in Legian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 10, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Legian