We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puri Raja Hotel Legian

Brisbane
Level Contributor
158 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Puri Raja Hotel Legian

Anyone stayed recently at Puri Raja ?

I have friends visiting Bali in May 2010 and maybe staying here. I have heard that TV's in rooms only have local channels ? Is this true.

Thanks in advance.

DJ

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
176 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puri Raja Hotel Legian

Have stayed at Puri Raja twice, once in Deluxe and once in superior rooms in last 12 months.

The English language channels are fairly limited. From what I recall there was the Australia channel which is basically the ABC and a news channel of BBC World. The rest were local indonesian channels or italian/french etc.Even MTV had local asian hosts.

There is also no DVD player nor a movie purchase service via the TV.

In short, not much english language TV at all.

This is probably a factor in why Puri Raja is a 3 star hotel and why their rates offer such good value. I would guess other higher star rated hotels are likely to have more channels.

You could always hire a DVD for your stay and watch movies??

I highly recommend Puri Raja regardless of small TV channels available. It is very much a quality but no-frills resort.

Safe travels.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
158 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puri Raja Hotel Legian

Thanks Veebes,

Can you advise if the breakfast is buffet or ala carte ?

Is it OK ?

DJ

Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
479 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puri Raja Hotel Legian

Hi DJ

Breakfast is a la carte.

FYI like most meals in Bali the portions are not that big so if you like a few pieces of toast with brekkie or a good portion of bacon ask for it when you order and they will normally oblige.

PK

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
176 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puri Raja Hotel Legian

Breakfast is a la carte. The key is to order something different each day to keep up the variety so you don't get stuck having the same thing each day. You can pretty much choose any combination of dishes from the menu in moderation.

They are pretty accommodating to what you require. It is cooked fresh to order so takes a little longer than if you were at a buffet but at least it's reasonable portions and you don't tend to eat too much. The restaurant has a lovely aspect with a beach view.

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
412 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puri Raja Hotel Legian

Loved the Puri Raja have stayed there twice. Yes the english speaking channels are limited to 2 but thats enough. You really dont go to Bali to watch TV. The rooms are nice & very clean. The grounds are spotless with lovely gardens along the paths in front of the rooms.

The breakfast are fine. Nice freshly cooked breaky plate of fruit slices, crossiants, bacon, eggs, toast, sausage, indo meals. You order want you want each morning they serve tea & coffee as soon as you sit down.

Im sure your friends will like this hotel & it's friendly staff.

6. Re: Puri Raja Hotel Legian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 02, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Legian