We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sari Beach Inn reservation

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sari Beach Inn reservation

Please guys, your help needed!

Trying to book rooms at Sari Beach Inn via e-mail, so this is what they're asking for:

"To secure the reservation please send us 50% room deposit.

You can make by credit cards. Just send us credit cards copy, passport copy. And authorization letter to deduct the credit cards. Please with total amount. "

So what do I need to do?

1) Send a copy of credit card (card number and CVV code)

2) Passport copy

3) Authorization letter - what is it? I should just write them e-mail that I allow to withdraw total amount?

I don`t think it`s secure to send somebody my credit card information... So if somebody book this hotel please let me know...

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sari Beach Inn reservation

Are you talking about the Sari Beach Hotel (used to be Sari Beach Inn) Jalan Padma Utara on the beachfront at Legian. If so, I have stayed here many times and apart from giving them my credit card details have never been asked for anything more. I would not send a copy of my passport nor would I send an authorisation letter. Usually hotels do not deduct the total amount, they usually only deduct one night's accommodation and only charge this to your card if you are a no-show. If you are worried about emailing your credit card details, then maybe you could fax them or even phone the hotel. The email address is sbi@indo.net.id

Perth
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sari Beach Inn reservation

We stayed there in April. I booked our accomodation via email. I was asked to provide copy of passports as well as credit card details. I gave my credit card information via email with a written authority for them to withdraw specified amount in US$ but refused to give my passport details. They processed 50% deposit the next day, no problems. I have spoke with the reservations staff when we were at the hotel. Very efficient and don't expect you will have a problem. I used a credit card that had a very small cash limit to minimize any potential fraudulent activity but all was well. The person I was dealing with there is called Made Narta, we exchanged many emails and he is reliable.

Have a great holiday.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sari Beach Inn reservation

Yes, this is the right one.

After telling them that I won't send a passport copy they answered:

"We allowed you to pay with credit cards just give us you credit cards number, Exp. Date. And passport number."

Now it looks better...

The person from Sari who responds me is Made Narta.

perth western...
Level Contributor
131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sari Beach Inn reservation

I had the same thing happen to me with a booking agent on the internet with a place in bali last week, they wanted a photo copy of passport and also a photo coppy of my visa card front and back, it didn't add up to me, we have travelled heaps all over the world and never asked for photo copies..so i went to the bank and asked what they thought about it, they told me to ring cards(visa) which i did and they told me that it was highly illegal for anyone to ask for a photo coppy of your visa front and back. Once they have that they have it for ever..So i wrote to the booking agent and told them that, so then they said to send them a bank transfer, which i decided not too, as they wanted the whole amount of money for our stay, which was for 15 nights and not till jan2010. So don't do it..regard judy

perth
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sari Beach Inn reservation

narta is very good ive just booked for christmas have only given a credit card detail they only take deposit then finl payment the day you leave have never been ask for passport number we stayed there in may lovely place

6. Re: Sari Beach Inn reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 16, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Legian