We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed in Kerobokan area in Bali?

Which Kerobokan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississauga,Ontario
Level Contributor
9 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed in Kerobokan area in Bali?

I would like to know more about the area - are the markets, shopping, restaurants walking distance or do we need a bike or a motor bike or even taxis to get around? I realize that to get to Seminyak, and other areas, you do need a taxi?

How are the beaches there, and how big a town is it? Also, are the apartments/homes to rent more expensive than Seminyak or are they about the same?

Would really appreciate some answers from the community!

3 replies to this topic
Melbourne...
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed in Kerobokan area in Bali?

I stayed at a friends villa just off JL Mertanadi, it didn't bother me to walk but footpaths are pretty dodgy around there. there where still shops, but more homewares, I enjoyed being away from the heavy tourist traffic but lots of expats live around here so there are some great restaurants and the supermarkets had everything I needed. I could jump in a taxi if needed but also walked into Kuta(taxi home though) which was fun,I got lost around Oberoi somewhere and then found the beach but it was an excellent walk(I do enjoy walking) There was a market around the corner where I would get fruit when needed and often got amazing takeaway(wrapped in paper) and my daughter was eating fantastic satay from a little kart that was so cheap. We had been told about this by my expat friend and did bump into a lovely couple, he from Melbourne and she Indonesian who also raved about the food here. this was on JL Batubelig, and at the beach end of this my friends took me to an awesome little warung, if facing the beach it was on the left, that was cheap and great food. We never got sick either....

I guess it depends what you want from your holiday, and if you don't mind walking in the heat or relying on transport, but I didn't have an issue with it....

From what I can work out Kerobokan is quite a large area, so perhaps it would depend on what part you were in, maybe suss some places out and ask again.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
772 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed in Kerobokan area in Bali?

I've stayed there and don't think it has a beach, technically. It's a big area. Petitenget is pretty much seminyak, but out past the jail it's less touristy and you will need taxis.

I like it - there are food markets and shops but not all aimed at tourists. It's laid back and still close to the action. You're on sunset road in a minute.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
21 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed in Kerobokan area in Bali?

This depends which area of kerobokan you are staying at. There's a beach at Petitenget, Batu Belig and Canggu (Not exactly in the Kerobokan area but neighbors to it) - all much better than Kuta and Double Six beach (Quieter and less dirty). I highly recommend going around with a motorbike, especially if you're not going long distance. Traffic gets quite insane around Banjar Taman during 2PM-6PM due to road constructions. Kerobokan is a pretty easy area to live in. ;)

Reply to: Has anyone stayed in Kerobokan area in Bali?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kerobokan