We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bali weddings and photographers

uk
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
bali weddings and photographers

hi, i'm getting married in bali in april at the bali hyatt, sanur. has anyone seen a wedding here? also can anyone recommend a good photographer over there and give me an idea of how much i should expect to pay? there's only the two of us and his daughter going so it wouldn't be a big job. thanks

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,019 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bali weddings and photographers

hi the hyatt is a great spot to get married. i have used arditi niranjan for my wedding photos. check their web site for details. there are some very beautiful places around the hyatt grounds to hold your wedding.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bali weddings and photographers

Hi

I'm also getting married in April was also recommended the same company as above but they weren't that helpful when I contacted them, we're also travelling alone and they didnt seem interested in negociating a rate with us, in the end they just ignored my emails after the first couple, perhaps as its was just pictures of the two of us and for less time than usual they werent interested but if that was the case it would have been better for them to say rather than ingoring me! I wasnt very impressed at all but I do know another bride who personally recommended them to me.

In the end I've booked Rudy Lin who have been fab to deal with, also booked Ricky & Co for the videography but they're photography also looks very good.

Might also be worth checking out PhotoFactoryBali - quite expensive but they do look good! Also have a look at Danny Halim, Yellowbali......

Hope that helps a bit, ofcourse I've mainly had to make my choice based on their websites, prices and the contact with them rather than personal experince but all the ones above were in my final choices. If you google wedding photography in Bali I was suprised at just how many companies come up!

I hope you find a great photographer and have a lovely wedding!

Heather :)

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
3. Re: bali weddings and photographers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, August 15, 2010
melbourne
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bali weddings and photographers

hi Claire & Heather

i am currently looking for a wedding photographer for my wedding in bali next year.

can you tell me how you found the wedding photographers that you chose for you wedding?

thanks bec

US
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bali weddings and photographers

Another you can consider... www.baliartphoto.com

Unique style that may appeal to you - or not. Reasonable prices and a fun and intelligent guy who is passionate about photography. Personally I dig his style and his sense of humor.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bali weddings and photographers

bec666 - we found websites online and contacted the ones we liked the look of, looking through their work online should help. I have to say Rudy Lin was brilliant, we were so pleased with the photos we got. Actually we had more photos done in the UK when we got home for our UK wedding reception but much preferred the ones Rudy did for us in Bali!

http://www.rudylin.com

http://rudylinphotography.com

http://baliweddingphotos.com

Good luck!

Heather

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,617 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bali weddings and photographers

Hi claire-evans

Have a look at Richard Watson's website - I have seen him at a few Bali weddings and he is really great: www.richbali.com

I hope this helps

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sheffield
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bali weddings and photographers

Actually on the first website under wedding portfolio you can actually see some of our pics :) I'm the english one with the strapless ruffled dress and side headband!

9. Re: bali weddings and photographers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, September 19, 2010
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bali weddings and photographers

Hi Heather,

I am also looking at Rudy Lin for May 2011 but he asked for 50% now, is this what you had to do and if so, when did you pay the 2nd half?

Just aware that I dont know them at all!!

Thanks for your help,

Hollie

Get answers to your questions about Kerobokan