We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from BWI to Towson University

Which Towson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
transportation from BWI to Towson University

Someone told me there is a shuttle year round from Towson University to BWI. I looked on the internet and didn't find anything. I don't care if the shuttle is from the University-anything in Towson is fine.

Thanks,

Karen

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
11,873 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: transportation from BWI to Towson University

not sure about a shuttle from the university but call directly and ask. Then let us know. There are shuttles to the Sheraton in Towson but that is a long walk to campus although there would be cabs and buses available for the last mile.

Looking at the university website, it appears that they recommend the shuttle to the hotel as well.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: transportation from BWI to Towson University

A little off topic but if you are going to be flying back and forth from Boston to Towson , Southwest is running some great specials right now. You may even want to think about getting tickets for Thanksgiving (if your intention is to fly).

My daughter went to college in NY and when we saw the sales we booked early especially for TGH.

boston
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
3. Re: transportation from BWI to Towson University

On the Towson University site they mentioned the Sheraton Hotel. I called the hotel and they said they haven't done this in years. I don't know why TU hasn't updated this.

Karen

nj
Level Contributor
318 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: transportation from BWI to Towson University

Thank you- I also looked at their website, and while some of it provides the bus numbers etc, I was hoping to get some idea of price for a cab from airport/ train station, etc. They all just say the time involved (like 20 minutes or so but I have no idea if that means $25 or $90). I will try calling the school this week but somehow I am not too optimisitic about getting real information. (hope I am wrong:)

If anyone can chime in here with some info I would greatly appreciate it. My daughter will be attending something at Goucher at the end of July-early August so I know the campus activities will not be in full swing. We are trying to figure out what makes the best sense on how to get there. (we are midway between Philly and NYC so train/plane are very attractive as is the mega/boltbus but we don't know how to connec to the school after that.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: transportation from BWI to Towson University

A cab ride from BWI to Goucher should be about $50.

From Penn Station to Goucher is about $35

The Mega bus would let you off in White Marsh and that fare to Goucher would be about $25.

6. Re: transportation from BWI to Towson University

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 03, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Towson