We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Towson University and shopping

Which Towson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
usa
Level Contributor
53 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Towson University and shopping

My daughter will be attending Towson this fall. She will not have a car. Is there a grocery store within walking distance or public transportation to get to one?

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Towson University and shopping

There are several little stores and a larger grocery store right in that area. If your daughter is living on campus (and not in one of the apartments close by) I am assuming you are required to purchase a meal plan for at least the first year so you are thinking she will just need snacks and such for her room.

There is a shuttle that goes off and around campus see link for schedule and route:

towson.edu/adminfinance/…index.asp

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,004 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Towson University and shopping

There is a public bus system that runs by the campus. Closest supermarket is probably a little more than a mile across from towson town mall. Should contact admissions or check out school website which cam give you more specific info.

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Towson University and shopping

I lived in a dorm at TU and walked to my job at the Towsontown Center. It is not that far. There is a Trader Joe's and across the street there is a Super Fresh. I got a car my senior year and acquired so many parking tickets I had to take a second job to pay them off. Walking is the way to go.

4. Re: Towson University and shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 21, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Towson