We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!!!!!! Accommodaton advice needed

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
658 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
HELP!!!!!!! Accommodaton advice needed

Hi Everyone

This December will be my first stay in Amed.

We usually opt for the Legian/Kuta area but want something a bit quieter for our first 5 nights in Bali and we've decided Amed is the place where we can do some snorkeling, reading & relaxing.

I am traveling with my 14 year old daughter alone & wanting accommodation for approx $50au per night in total for the 2 of us; within walking or short pushbike (assuming we can hire pushbikes) from the centre of Amed.

We want somewhere that has air conditioning and a pool......

As I don't know Amed I am totally lost as to 'how far' is too far when it comes to the hotels.

IF anyone can suggest nice places to stay that fit above: walking distance, pool, air conditioning that would be great as this is the only accommodation I haven't booked yet :(

Edited: 1:24 am, March 23, 2014
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!!!!!!! Accommodaton advice needed

Hi Kiajas, im currently here in Amed enjoying the most amazing holiday at coral view villas. Im in heaven.. At 14 your daughter will be blown away by the pool here and the deluxe room is gawjus with outdoor bathroom and the beds comfy as. I booked with Agoda and paid like $60p/n. Just wish i was staying longer. I leave tomorrow. Just remember there is not much here to do except swim, snorkle and diving. Theres no shopping, so bring a good book... Hope all this helps..

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!!!!!!! Accommodaton advice needed

Hi Kiajas - There is no center to Amed as such. Amed is the first village in a continuous line of villages that hug the coast for about 12kms and this whole area has become known as "Amed". It is a very hilly area and, as such, you won't find anyone (except my crazy husband) on a bicycle - it is just too steep and the road is quiet twisty and narrow.

There are a few local shops and one or two small supermarket type shops - but you won't be going out for an afternoon of girly shopping with your daughter! A number of restaurants are dotted along the road, but in reality you will just be using those few that are close to your accommodation, unless you book an up-market one that will send transport for you.

Coral View, as mentioned above, is on sandy Lipah beach with good snorkelling. Also on that beach is Pondok Vienna Beach and Bali Buhana both of which would fall within your price range, I think.

Amed is wonderful, but be warned, if you are used to Kuta/Legian you will find it extraordinarily quiet. I hope you both enjoy the experience!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!!!!!!! Accommodaton advice needed

I'd recommend Life in Amed, really beautiful little hotel, nice pool and beach front in Lean village

4. Re: HELP!!!!!!! Accommodaton advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 25, 2015