We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please advise good Hotel to stay in Amed

Singapore River...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
please advise good Hotel to stay in Amed

We are planned to stay for a few days in Amed , for a diving activity as we told Amed is a great place to do this activity . We are staying in Seminyak since we arived two days ago in Bali . How far is Amed from seminyak ? how much the rate for taxi to get there ? and any recommandation for good hotel to stay ?

London
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please advise good Hotel to stay in Amed

Hi,

In May I stayed at Bedulu Resort and dived at Adventure Divers (right in the middle of Amed).

Bedulu was great - up a hill with fantastic views and a fabulous infinity pool that looked out to the ocean - but was a tiny bit remote. It was too far to walk to the dive shop but Adventure Divers sent someone to pick me up and drop me off each day. I couldn't recommend them highly enough. They're very caring and ensure that your dives are everything you expect. I did five days of fun diving (two dives a day) and saw seahorses, octopus, huge bumphead parrot fish, scorpion fish, leaf fish, eels, lobsters and FIVE sharks on the final dive.

As for the getting there... I transferred straight from the airport to Amed and it took about four hours (I think) and cost about IDR450,000-500,000 (can't remember exactly how much). It's a long drive and the final stretch is a slow, winding road through the mountains. I'd leave early to give yourself time to check in and relax once you get there.

Amed itself doesn't have an ATM, most places take cash. Adventure Divers will stop at the ATM in the village of Celik if you're doing the wreck dive or elsewhere in Tulamben.

Singapore River...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: please advise good Hotel to stay in Amed

Dear Karen

Thank you for your advise , that hotel seems will be good for us and sound we will have good fun there , can't wait untill next day . Thanks again

Kevin

London
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please advise good Hotel to stay in Amed

The hotel was great, but I would recommend going for one of the higher rooms near the pool (even though you have to walk up the hill to get to them). And be aware that it is quite basic, but is very clean and has air conditioning and a fridge in the room. There are no safe deposit boxes in the room (or at reception) but I had no security problems. I loved the huge verandah area. There are regular massage ladies who will come to your verandah/room and they're pretty cheap. I think they work up till 6pm, so best to book them the day before to guarantee your place.

There is no wifi in the rooms and the wifi at the restaurant is a bit patchy. I took DVDs, but was generally going to bed very early and waking up to watch the sunrise. The high rooms are perfect for this.

Re: diving, if you go plan on diving the wreck, Adventure Divers do a sunrise dive (hotel pick up at 5.15am) which means you largely avoid the tour groups from the south, who arrive later in the morning. It costs a tiny bit more, but it's worth it to avoid the crowds. Personally, my favourite dives were Coral Garden drop-off (not far from the wreck) and Jemeluk. Liselotte and David (who own Adventure Divers) give brilliant advice and my Ketut (my DM) had eyes in the back of his head and pointed out loads of stuff that I'd never have found on my own.

4. Re: please advise good Hotel to stay in Amed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, July 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Amed