We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers and are planning to stay for about 4 or 5 nights in the Amed area.
I read many reviews and forum posts (the one of Brakelsyl is very helpful!) but still find it hard to make a decision. Especially because it will be our first time at this area. (visited south and north Bali before)
What is important for us:
- clean, bright rooms, fully airconditioned and mosquito nets
- Not too many stairs to the room (bad knees)
- Nice pool and good snorkling at walking distance
- I would love to have an indoor shower/bathroom but these are hard to find.
- beach front or seaview
- price per night for 2 rooms or 1 villa max. around €200
My results till now: I narrowed it down to Baliku (but I hope there are villa's on the lower level overhere) and Blue Moon in the Angel section or in the new in June to open villas. Blue Moon is more expensive and I have some concerns re. the outside shower but the pictures of the view are sooooo gorgeous!
After reading some topics overhere it seems the Lipah beach is the best to stay but I find it hard to get a accomodation overhere that meets our desires. Coral view has not that many reviews and they are very mixed.
Which one should you prefer Baliku or Blue Moon? Blue Moon is much more expensive but still in our budget.