We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amed suggestions please for a few nights in Oct

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Golden Beach...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Amed suggestions please for a few nights in Oct

Amed is on top of our list for up coming OCT trip...we have 4 nights in the middle of our holidays to plan...

last 2 Bali trips we have gone to Nusa Lembongan...we LOVE staying over on this island, we want to live there one day (holding on to this dream).

Our favourite areas are Mushroom Bay for swimming & chilling in cafes beach front..plus a couple of spas all in walking distance along the beach. We also get a driver to take us to the Mangroves to swim, eat & just chill out on the pontoon.

Hubby likes to do a little snorkling, I just look at the fish in the clear Mangroves water protected by the trees..(i don't really go out deep)

So what we are looking for is seeing another area of Bali..maybe Amed and/or Candi dasa instead of our favourite island this time..

what do others think?

Top of our list is Amed....3 nights then maybe stay 1 night on way back at Candi...or should we do the one night at Candi on the way up?

The more i read on forums about ONE or the OTHER I then sway either way...its very hard to choose as I get the feel that people either love the areas or find them a been there done that experience!

In Amed we would like to stay somewhere like Mushroom bay...close to walk to everything, nice swimming areas, eat out choices, spas..is this realistic...any suggestions

The top of our list in Amed is AQUATERRACE as it looks so fresh, views, great reviews, price is within budget (would like to keep well below $100 per night for a couple). Air con is a must

prefer no noise from motor bikes, as many reviews for Coral view, Bayu & others stated motor bike noise as a big problem.

Is Aquaterrace in a great location, we will be walking as we do not ride motor bikes...we will hire a driver one day to go see some sights...

Blue Moon Villas look lovely as well, they are next door to Aquaterrace.. is the location great for getting to other cafes, spas & clean beach?

ANY Suggestions PLEASE HELP

Thanks inadvance

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Amed suggestions please for a few nights in Oct

Hi there - We spend about 4 months each year in Bali and always have one or two visits to Candi Dasa and Amed every time we are over. Amed is delightful - but if you are only walking then you will be limited because the coast road is long with many ups and downs. If you enjoy snorkelling then I would thoroughly recommend staying in Lipah - either Coral View family beachfront villas or Pondok Vienna Beach which has a very long stretch of beachfront. I have posted reviews for both these properties. Vienna Beach is very simple, price 400,000rupiah per couple per night for dinner, bed, breakfast and tax - there is very good snorkelling straight off their beach. Coral View is more up-market, more expensive but lovely on the same bay. Both of these places have sea views from the rooms - Bhuana Beach cottages do not have sea views, they are in a long line facing into a garden and they are building more villas at the moment, but they do have a lovely infinity pool next to the beach. I'm sure you wouldn't get bored with 3 or 4 days at Amed.

Candi Dasa is very quiet - except for the main road that splits the village in two and has fast traffic all day and some of the night. However we still enjoy it because we stay at Ida's bungalows - email JSIDAS1@aol.com - they have a beachfront location right in the middle of the town with 5 wooden bungalows spaced in about 2 acres of coconut palms, very peaceful, houses 1 & 6 (number 4 burnt down) are double storey with glorious sea views and garden bathrooms. Cost 300,000 rupiah per night. There are steps down to a nice little sandy beach from Idas - safe swimming. I believe there is another Ida's in Candi Dasa - but out of town. There are many restaurants in CD and plenty of shops, but you probably wouldn't want to buy anything from them! There is not really any snorkelling off the beach in CD - but there are any number of fishermen willing to take you out to some special snorkelling places around the very small nearby islands, a trip in a boat to Pasir Putih - white beach - is also a great day out, beautiful azure blue water with small warung spaced along the beach - but there are waves!

We've also been to Nusa Lembongan and loved it - but I think it's worth exploring Bali some more if you haven't seen the east coast.

22. Re: Amed suggestions please for a few nights in Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 22, 2013