We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike tour in Amed or Ubud?

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arcata, California
9 posts
Save Topic
Bike tour in Amed or Ubud?

I have about 3 days in Amed and 3 days in Ubud. My husband and I want to take a downhill bike tour, and we're not sure whether to do this in Amed or Ubud. Any insights?

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike tour in Amed or Ubud?

the tours are done from various destinations just outside ubud.they are all well organised visiting places such as temples, schools, homes, lunch, etc with back up truck and passenger van following.

i dont know about amed but it would be interesting cycling along the coast road or to the villages on the nearby hills

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike tour in Amed or Ubud?

I have done bike trips from Amed with East Bali Bike tours. Probably my best experience of site seeing in Bali.

We were driven by car into the foothills of Mount Agung.

We then cycled at a leisurely pace through stunning scenery, rice fields, waving children with huge smiles, traditional villages steeped in ancient traditions, processions of elegantly dressed women, carrying huge fruit offerings on their heads. We travelled on small roads with little traffic. We felt like we were the first first tourists to pass by in many of these places.

We ended up at a beautiful beach for drinks and late lunch

We were then driven back to Amed by car

Amed is situated in the Karagasem regency/province, which is a very magical part of Bali.

I also like Ubud very much but have not done the cycle tour there.

I would imagine you would be in a larger group for an Ubud tour.

I have rented a bike in Ubud and had fun cycling around the back roads in the very early morning.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike tour in Amed or Ubud?

Hi,

We did the cycling tour north from Ubud with Banyan Tree Bike tour, which was great.

Cannot compare the two tours yet, as we are going to do the tour with East Bali Bike in some weeks. But we love this area a lot, so it will be a great day. Tour ends at Kebun Impian for a lunch/swim, or at Pasir Putih (white sand beach).

Sylvia

Edited: 12:53 pm, July 26, 2011
Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
327 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike tour in Amed or Ubud?

We did a bike tour last year also with East Bali Bike Tour, in fact that was one of the two reasons for going to Amed, the other was for snorkelling. Both were fantastic.

I can whole heartedly agree with Kabirgirl on all points. Our guide Surya was extremely knowledgeable about the area, the wildlife and plants and it was all very easy going, relaxed and friendly - so much so that we have kept in touch.

The bikes were in excellent condition and safety brief was good too. There were one or two little hills but we were warned in advanced and pushed the bikes up, not difficult. The van followed us too just in case. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bike tour in Amed or Ubud?

I think you'll have a day to remember whichever tour you choose to do. We did the ride down Kintamani with Bali Bintang & it was one of the highlights of our trip that year. An easy ride except for 2 or 3 uphill moments where I got off & pushed my bike up lol! Beautiful scenery, ricefields, villages where excited children rush out to shout hello as you cycle past, a family compund, an organic plantation, a temple, chatting to the farmer & his family harvesting rice, & lunch at the finish. Haven't done the east bali tour yet but have planned to go during the next 2 weeks so will be able to compare the 2 locations then.

6. Re: Bike tour in Amed or Ubud?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, October 09, 2012