We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RE: Rising Star - Amed Bali

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki, Finland
1 post
Save Topic
RE: Rising Star - Amed Bali

Hi,

We stayed in this place for 2 nights. As our check out time grew nearer the owner of the place became more and more difficult with matters making the remaining time very uncomfortable for the group of three of us (2 female 1 male).

Rooms were fine but filled with ants. Outside pool and location was OK but there is other places for better prices with same services nearer to Amed beach.

They promised all sort of stuff to include within the accommodation price upon our arrival such as welcoming drinks and free transport to town.

When we visited with the owner in Amed's town center he started off by saying that he wants to be with us while we shopped. He was looking into the price tags of our purchases and all the time tried to hurry as even though he started our trip saying there is no hurry.

On the other day we visited the owners home village because he insisted and as a good sports and willing to learn new things we went. We ended up being middle of forest almost and people were not too happy to see us there. We ended up staying there one hour, unable to leave even though we asked to. The owner started to shout and yell to his wife and we had to witness this domestic argument. It was scary to be honest.

After that only thing on our mind was to check out on the following morning. We had planned on staying for more but as everything were quite horrible atmosphere wise we were happy to move out and find different accommodation.

As we checked out from Rising Star of course those previously promised things were not included in the price and we ended up paying double compared to other accommodation providers fees to get out of Rising Star.

Later on our stay we heard from the locals that within the community the owner of Rising Star is not liked. Locals characterized the man heartless and cold person who just tries to squeeze money out of people.

Rising Star, Amed Bali was an awful experience and not recommended at all.

Kuta, Bali...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RE: Rising Star - Amed Bali

I don't agree at all.

My experience at Rising Star was, to my mind, the best accommodation, compared to the price we paid. Good swimming pool by the beach, rooms are clean and air conditioned, with hot water, and Made, the owner, was very nice with us.

The place of the Rising Star is perfect, just by the beach, and the food is good, especially the grilled fish. He didn't hurried us to check out and me and my girlfriend had a great two nights in Amed. Nothing to do compared to the others accommodations you can find there for the same price.

I recommend Rising Star in Amed, Bali, Indonesia.

Henri

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RE: Rising Star - Amed Bali

Rising Star has Hidden Treasure just Off Shore.

We recently stayed at the Rising Star Beach Units on Bunutan Beach, Amed. The Place is under new management and you could see changes happening already. Wayan, the new manager, has had experience with other tourist ventures, including Bali tours with an Australian company. He has a good knowledge of English and is recruiting new staff. The units are quite comfortable, very simple, with hot water and air conditioning. Each room has a balcony with views of the ocean and you have the added advantage of a pool to cool off in. The gardens are lovely.

The main drawcard for this place is the unique experience of the Coral Treasure just off shore. Within meters of the units is some of the best coral in the Amed area. We saw fish here that we have not seen anywhere else in Bali. We wish Wayan and the new staff great success and will be back to see the “New” Rising Star and of course get re-acquainted with the fantastic coral.

For a budget place, on the beach, it is value for money.

3. Re: RE: Rising Star - Amed Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 31, 2012