We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salt from Amed

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Salt from Amed

Someone asked what we always buy when in Bali.

I decided to add this as a topic of it's own. So here was my reply to that question!!

"I cannot leave Bali without a large pack of salt from Amed. My kitchen is never without it.

Good oil and good salt are key ingredients to good cooking!!

You can watch the salt being harvested in Amed in ancient and traditional ways by the local people

Not only does it make my food taste better, it is also a daily reminder of life in Bali."

The sellers are quite pushy, but dont let that put you off.

There is a small exhibition about salt harvesting in Cafe Garam,[garam means salt]]

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Salt from Amed

For home use you can buy the salt by the kilo... but only packed in a plastic bag

The small baskets and pouches of salt, sold in the area make a unique and useful gift.

It is also a great contribution to the local economy, which is quite poor as Ursie says.

12. Re: Salt from Amed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, January 27, 2012