We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Shopping

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are heading to Amed on the 4th December. We are staying at Banyuning and I am wondering if it is easy enough to buy groceries at local shops or markets as we are staying in a villa and will probably make a lot of our meals ourselves.

We are not going there for tourist/clothes shopping but just thought I would ask if there is any shops that I should look at while I am there.

Also, is there anywhere to go for massages/pampering or is it possible to have someone come to us?!

These may be silly questions but I have not been to Amed or Bali before and I imagine Amed to be a very quiet area.

Thanks,

Ange

Edited: 3:16 am, November 25, 2010
Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping

You are right..Amed is very relaxed and quiet. It is also very beautiful.

The area known as Amed is a string of small villages dotted along a coastline of small bays and rocky headlands. It stretches for about 12km beyond the actual village of Amed.

The first 2 km between Amed village and Jemeluk are getting quite built up and a lot of the ocean views have been replaced by buildings!!

Lipah, Lean, Selang and Banyuning are at the eastern end of the strip and have the better beaches.

I suggest you stock up with food supplies in Hardy,s supermarket in Amlapura, approx 40 mins drive. Otherwise there is a small range of food at the shop at Amed Cafe.

Also there is a vegetable truck which comes by every day. You can ask the staff at your villa to help with all this.

Massages are available from local massage ladies and should cost no more than 100,000 Rupiah per hour

Or the spa at Bunutan, "A Spa" is good. They will come and give massages/spa treatments in your villa, or provide you with free transport to their spa.

If you are feeling energetic and would like to see the incredible scenery hidden from most tourists eyes, check out East Bali Bike Tours!

Enjoy Amed!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

Amed massages will come to you and I highly recommend them. You will probably find that your villa has an arrangement with 1 particular massage company, so just ask the villa staff about it.

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping

There are also some good restaurants in that end of Amed

Pavilion restaurant at Baliku resort and the restaurants at Blue Moon Villas and Life in Amed are all good.

They sell Japanese food at Aqua terrace

Warung Kamulian is new and cheap and has great views.

4. Re: Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 26, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Amed