We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling in early to mid June.

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Margaret River
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic

What is the water clarity like at this time of year in Amed. I have heard that if there is too much rain streams and rivers create debris in the ocean.

Thanks Freddie

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling in early to mid June.

Under normal weather patterns it would be great, but with the changeable weather Bali has been having this year, it's hard to tell.

Last year at that time we had fantastic snorkeling conditons in Amed. This year not very good at all. The earlier in the morning the better, if there has been rain, seems to be the best.

Margaret River
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling in early to mid June.

Thanks Whinnie, maybe I’ll put it off for a bit longer. My windows of opportunity next year will be four weeks from early June or four weeks from late July.

Freddie

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling in early to mid June.

I'm usually in Amed end July/August & it's usually dry then & there's no rain at all so snorkelling conditions are good.

Margaret River
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling in early to mid June.

I've booked air travel 25/7 until 19/8. This being the busy season how far in advance would I need to book for popular hotel options.

Thanks Freddie

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling in early to mid June.

To get your first or second choices, book now. Bali is just getting busier and busier.

Margaret River
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling in early to mid June.

Thanks Winnie and Ursie.

I’ve booked Hidden Paradise for six nights in August. My first choice Coral View was already booked out.

I’m looking forward to snorkelling the Lipah reefs.

Freddie

7. Re: Snorkeling in early to mid June.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, October 26, 2012