We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amed or Pemuteran which is better in your opinion

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Amed or Pemuteran which is better in your opinion

Would like to get away from usual southernBali hot spots for 4 days.

Which of these is better. I would like to relax,swim,eat gorgeos indo food, be surrounded by great views - mountain & sea.

Which of these places has more appear, please tell me why, or if you have any other ideas. Thanks

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amed or Pemuteran which is better in your opinion

I love Amed so I guess I'm biased! It's a great place to relax & chill out, swim, snorkle, plenty of restaurants/warungs, stunning views of bays/the ocean, friendly people, wonderful rice terrace/mountain views nearby. it stretches for 12km or so along the coast & ia comprised of several bays/beaches.

I visited Pemuteran in 2009, it's much smaller than Amed, beach was good for swimming & snorkelling, some amazing scenery on the drive to north Bali but i prefer Amed.

If you decide on Amed send me your email by PM & I'll send you some general info plus a list of some hotels/websites

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amed or Pemuteran which is better in your opinion

There was a thread on this just a month ago..

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g608478-i12594-k38…

You'll find some more comments there..

Last time I stayed in Pemuteran I went more 'upmarket' to Taman Sari, and it confirmed how much I like the place.

Edited: 9:12 pm, September 26, 2010
3. Re: Amed or Pemuteran which is better in your opinion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 26, 2011