We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Amed Area Hotel - Active Single Woman

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Best Amed Area Hotel - Active Single Woman

Hello all,

I plan to stay in Amed for 2-3 nights in early September. I've checked the TA forums and hotel reviews, crossed referenced w/ Lonely Planet, visited most hotel websites, and now find myself in a panicked state of analysis paralysis. Hoping some of the wisened travellers on this site can guide me!

My ideal hotel would be US$40-$100, on or close to the beach (prefer a beach view), with nice sand (or nice sand nearby), low hawker quotient, walking distance (15-25 mins) to other restaurants, ability to snorkel and swim in water near hotel, ability of hotel to arrange for outings. It would be quiet, but not totally isolated. I have my own snorkel gear, and plan to do a bit of that, as well as hike and some cultural activities. I can't have it all (tho I do try!), but I hope to come close!

My list currently is:

*Life in Amed - Available

Kembali Beach Bunalows - Available

Bayu Cottages - Not available

Apakaba Villas - checking

Puri Wata - checking.

Also - is 2 nights too short? 3 nights too long? I'm going to Ubud first. From there I am either going to Lovina or to Amed, do you have a recommendation as to the order (and why)? I'll spend the last night or two down by Bukit / Denpasar and will need to get there from my last spot. It seems like a toss-up as to the order, but I could be missing something.

Thanks so much in advance for your thoughts!

- Andrea

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Amed Area Hotel - Active Single Woman

If you want nice sandy beaches you need to go to Lipah, Lean or Selang

These are definitely the best beaches in the Amed area. They are also best for for snorkling, as it is much easier to get in the water from a sandy beach.

At Lipah, there is Coral View , Hidden Paradise, Pondok Vienna & Bayu Cottages

Lean has Life in Amed

Selang has Good Karma bungalows & Blue Moon Villas

There are no hawkers on these beaches [as yet!] except for the massage ladies who will easily take no for an answer. Or who will be delighted to come to your hotel, if you do want a massage!!

East Bali Bike tour is well recommended as a very enjoyable way to see the beauty of the Karangasem Regency

My personal opinion is that 2 days is not long enough in Amed.. it has a certain magic to savour

I also would do Lovina first and spend less time there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Amed Area Hotel - Active Single Woman

Thanks Kabirgirl! I'll check out some of those other hotels.

I was also thinking that Amed seemed a place to spend more time than Lovina, but what do I know? Thanks for the validation!!!

3. Re: Best Amed Area Hotel - Active Single Woman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 09, 2011