We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amed - getting my list together

Somers
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Amed - getting my list together

We are booked into Kembali Beach Bungalows in December for 4 nights before travelling to Legian. We stayed in Amed for two nights last September, staying at Bayu Cottages. We didn't know much about Amed then and mainly ate at Bayu, the food was lovely! I want to get a list together of local places to eat. We are more interested in traditional food not Western/European food. Also, good place to hire motor bikes. My husband will do a couple of dives, probably through Whitesands again? We will both snorkel, I have read we can organise hire through Kembali. We would like to go out on one of the local fishing boats does anyone have a contact for that? Anything else I should ad to my list of things to do in Amed?

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amed - getting my list together

There are several restaurants & warungs within walking distance of Kembali:

Warung Kadek opposite 3 Brothers

Warung Bobo turn right on road as leave Kembali

Warung Meka little warung just past Warung Bobo

Jukung Dive

Amed Cafe

These you will need transport to:

Sails, book a table & a driver will pick you up

Anda Amed

Apa Kabar, you can walk from Kembali but it's a fair walk

Life in Amed

Blue Moon Villas

Waenis

Pazzos restaurant

You can hire motor bikes from 3 brothers restaurant, next to kembali, approx 50,000 a day.

Jukung Dive is across the road from Kembali & Adventure Divers next door to them, both have a very good reputation.

www.adventurediversbali.com

www.jukungdivebali.com

If you want to send me your email by PM I'll send you a list of things to do/places to visit.

I can also organise for a local fisherman to take you out in a jukung. Do you just want a ride or do you want to go fishing?

Cheers

Ursie

Somers
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Amed - getting my list together

Thank you Ursie. We would like to fish if possible but are also happy just to go for the ride.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amed - getting my list together

I've replied to your email

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amed - getting my list together

Wonderful cycling tours are organised by East Bali Bike Tours in Amed

They will pick you up from your hotel and drive you by car with the bikes up into the foothills of Mount Agung

You then take a leisurely ride, mostly downhill , through some of the most stunning scenery in Bali. Usually ending up at the secret Pasir Putih White sand beach for a swim and some food.

Great guys who run this. They are professional but lots of fun

One of my best days out in Bali.

The Karangasem regency where Amed is situated has ,in my opinion, some of the most wonderful landscapes of the whole of Bali. Getting off the beaten track, reveals some incredible sites!!

Somers
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Amed - getting my list together

Thank you Kabirgirl, I will add this to my list of things to do in Amed. I am thinking now that I should have booked more days in Amed!

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amed - getting my list together

I stay there for a week at a time & it still isn't long enough!!!

7. Re: Amed - getting my list together

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 18, 2010