We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amed to Tulamben

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Amed to Tulamben

How long does it actually take to drive from Amed say Life in Amed area to Tulamben??

Not sure whether to stay in Tulamben or Amed. Love the accommodation in Tulamben but is it too far for Sails restaurant etc???

Melbourne
Level Contributor
118 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amed to Tulamben

Hi there,

It should only take you about 45-60mins to travel by car. The road is well surfaced and not frequented by heavy trucks. Like anywhere in Bali, travel speed can be very dependent upon weather conditions.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,980 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amed to Tulamben

We drove from Candidasa to Sails restaurant along the coast road and that was something like an hour and a half, the return truip along the inland road, was just over an hour. However, I did not think the trip to Sails was really worth it, I am sorry to say. The food was good but nothing exceptional, so I wouldn't make its closeness a priority in your planning. That's my thoughts anyway.

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amed to Tulamben

Would definitely reccommend Amed over Tulamben.

Tulamben is a dive destination, but most divers prefer to stay in Amed and travel to dive the Liberty wreck at Tulamben.

All the Amed dive companies provide free transport from your hotel.

The dive companies say it is approx 30 mins from Amed village, but a little longer if you stay in Lipah/Lean/Selang ... However the beaches are much nicer at Lipah/Lean/Selang. Also you will be close to Sails,if you want to eat there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amed to Tulamben

Thanks everyone! I am completely confused as to where to stay! We are avid snorkellers so prob will stay in Amed now but I loved the look of Batu Belah resort in Tulamben!

Oh well back to the drawing board...

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amed to Tulamben

If you want to PM me your email I can send you a list of Amed accommodation & websites that I typed up, might save you some time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amed to Tulamben

Hi Ursie,

I do have your list from other forum topics and it is a big help!

Thanks!

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amed to Tulamben

If you are avid snorklers, Amed is the place for you!!

The best places for snorkling are at Lipah, Lean and Selang Beach.

These 3 beaches are sandy and therefore it is much more easy to get in the water. They also have the best coral and most marine life.

Selang Beach, just below Blue Moon Villas is wonderful

Lean, in front of Life in Amed is good too

Lipah bay in front of Pondok Vienna is probably the most popular

There is also a small Japanese wreck at Banyuning near Baliku resort, which is well worth looking at. However this is a stony beach which sometimes gets strong currents

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amed to Tulamben

I've recommended accommodation on the forum but also have a list I've typed which includes most of the accommodation in Amed & websites & is divided into the different areas of Amed

9. Re: Amed to Tulamben

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 10, 2010