We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location in Amed

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
18 helpful votes
Location in Amed

We’re looking to stay at blue moon villas in Amed is this in a good location? Any restaurants near by?

5 replies to this topic
Tamworth, Australia
Level Contributor
885 posts
65 reviews
30 helpful votes
1. Re: Location in Amed

When looking at where to stay, I use Google maps to see what is nearby.

TripAdvisor also has a search, best restaurants near Blue Moon where you can read the reviews.

We are staying at Amed Lodges.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
18 helpful votes
2. Re: Location in Amed

Thank you I think I need to do a little bit more research into the area. I’ve just looked your accommodation up. Looks very nice what’s it like? Also the pool access rooms is that pool private for just your room or shared with others do you know?

Greater Melbourne...
Level Contributor
139 posts
17 reviews
18 helpful votes
3. Re: Location in Amed

Blue Moon Villas are excellent. The restaurant there is very very good, stayed 3 nights and ate all but one meal there and should’ve had all meals there.

If you do want to get out to other places they will drop you off and get transport back.

Edited: 5:14 pm, May 20, 2019
Tamworth, Australia
Level Contributor
885 posts
65 reviews
30 helpful votes
4. Re: Location in Amed

Haven’t stayed yet going in October.

We chose it based on its excellent reviews and pictures.

We have the Tirta pool access room, but it is a shared pool not private.

When we booked a couple of weeks ago all the rooms were available, so I don’t expect it to be too busy.

Edited: 1:01 am, May 21, 2019
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
16,801 posts
97 reviews
63 helpful votes
5. Re: Location in Amed

Hi,

personally wouldn't stay there as it doesn't fit 'us'. It is for us in the wrong part of Amed. We stay in Amed every year, sometimes twice. But where we stay it is 6km from Blue Moon Villas.

That is the thing about Amed. It is well spread out and depending on what you want from your Amed stay wil determine what is "acceptable"to you. I dive and the wife likes to snorkel and we like to have plenty of choice near where we stay and easy access snorkeling. Most of the dive sites, dive Centres, places to eat/drink/stay are near where we stay.

Blue Moon Villas is located on the cliff road and is split between cliff front and hillside.

The coast road is very much uphill/downdale once you get away from Jemeluk Bay

There are only a couple of places to eat near Blue Moon but if you are someone who likes a wander nothing really there.

Reply to: Location in Amed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted