We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari by road

Chennai
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari by road

Hi, Which is the best route to drive from Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari currently and approximately how much time it would take?

Kodaikanal, India
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari by road

Rameshwaran - Keelakarai - Sayalgudi - Tirunelveli and catch NH-7 - kanyakumari around 340km ( 6hrs)

Your's Traveller Friend

$ichot

Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari by road

Hello

You take Rameshwaram - Ramanathapuram - Thoothukudi - Thiruchendur - Kanniyakumari

ECR Road, That is very nice and free road, 350 Kms/ 6 to 7 hours journey

Happy Journey

Mumbai
Level Contributor
361 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari by road

My recent experience along the ECR road was nice. The Roads are good. It takes around 5.30 hours.My trip was from Kanyakumari to Rameswaram via Thiruchendur, Thoothukudi, Ramanathapuram and Rameswaram.

Chennai
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari by road

Hi,

Any bad stretches. If so where and approx how many kms. Will be travelling with family (small children).

Chennai
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari by road

Hi Bala, How recent was your travel? Any bad stretches I should be aware of as travelling with family.

Kodaikanal, India
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari by road

2months Before

Edited: 12:21 am, August 10, 2013
Mumbai
Level Contributor
361 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari by road

I went there in July 2013. Roughly 20 days Back. Roads(National highways are extremely good). No bad patches to the best of my knowledge. Safe to travel with kids.

Thiruvananthapuram...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari by road

Any suggestion regarding the ECR stretch between Tuiticorin and Ramanathapuram ?

The ECR between NH7 and Tiruchendur is good in patches only now due to construction work. Beyond Manapad, the surface is not very smooth.

Thank you in advance.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
361 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari by road

Tuticorin to Ramanathapuram stretch is good.. smooth roads.. only thing is if you are travelling at night, the roads are isolated and you may feel lonely...

10. Re: Rameshwaram to Kanyakumari by road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 27, 2014