We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nehru trophy boat race

norway
Level Contributor
393 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Nehru trophy boat race

Are there any toilets at nehru trophy boat race? We plan to sit at the gold pavillion.

Leatherhead UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nehru trophy boat race

Hello Glukos,

Sorry, I can't answer your question but am wondering how you've chosen where to go to watch the Nehru Trophy race. We've planned the first part of our holiday around doing this but are now finding it difficult to work out where to watch the race from/ how to get tickets and what facilities will be avilable. I don't even know how long the whole event takes. If you have a minute to outline what you've found out, I'd be very grateful.

janetol

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,254 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nehru trophy boat race

Hi

this is the official site for the race

http://nehrutrophy.nic.in/

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nehru trophy boat race

Hi Glukos,

there is no toilet at the pavillion to my knowledge, but there is toilets at the terminal there , which is 100 meters

The tourist pavillion is at the finishing point of the race track

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nehru trophy boat race

Hi Janetol

There is a tourist pavillion which is at the end of the race track( towards the finishing line ) The tickets are available at various government offices in Alleppey, Ernakulam/ Cochin and Kottayam as listed in the above mentioned website

The event starts at 2 PM and goes in till 6 PM and some times late depending on how the races goes as per schedule

i think the below website has also option to book your ticket online

http://ntbr.igitec.com/booking.html

try to reach the venue at the earliest as there are no seat reservation , i would suggest to be there by 11 AM so that you get the seats at the front rows

get some snacks packed and few bottles of water before entering the pavillion

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,640 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nehru trophy boat race

Watch for an hour or two hours and get out. Then you don't have to worry too much about toilets. It is pretty crowded and noisy. I don't find it so engrossing that you need to spend half the day there. Check with your local tour operator what's the best time to watch.

Edited: 2:53 pm, July 25, 2014
Leatherhead UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nehru trophy boat race

Thank you tripadvisor experts for all the helpful information.

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,254 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nehru trophy boat race

hi janetol

you are welcome

pls post a review if you are visiting nehru trophy race .

regards

8. Re: Nehru trophy boat race

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 28, 2015