We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a day in Alappuzha

Chandigarh, India
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a day in Alappuzha

Hello,

We awill be starting 6am from Thekkady and reaching alappuzha by 9am.

I have booked a backwater heritage resort , which includes boat ride in the backwaters and sunset on beach.

Please suggest, what I can do more on first half of day.. before checking in the resort.

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,254 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a day in Alappuzha

You may visit marari beach,light house,kuttanad,muppalam,ambalapuzha sreekrishna temple etc

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a day in Alappuzha

Alappuzha is a detour from your route to Kondai from Thekkady,where you are booked for the day ( ref to your other post )

I would suggest Kumarakom , where you can visit kumarakom bird sanctuary in the morning , take a cruise in the lake in a shikkara and then head to Kondai lip at Ezhupunna , north of Cherthala

you would take around 50 minutes from Kumarakom to reach the jetty from where the resort people pick you

3. Re: Planning a day in Alappuzha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 11, 2015