We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Station in Alleppey?

Which Alappuzha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train Station in Alleppey?

My husband and I will be traveling from Varkala to Alleppey in mid-August to catch a houseboat cruise which we have already booked. I've looked at the train schedule and it looks like it will arrive 4 hours before we will board the boat. Are there many things to see and do around the train station in Alleppey? I'm not set on taking the train, just thought it'd be the most economical and efficient. Any advice of travel from Varkala to Alleppey and/or what to do around the train station in Alleppey would be great!

Thanks!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Station in Alleppey?

have lunch and roam around in the town there are few temples .........or speak to the boat guy and he would give you some concession of time...

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Station in Alleppey?

Visit Alleppey beach, Coir museum, etc...

Cochin, Kerala
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Station in Alleppey?

12076/Janshatabdi Exp ETD: 06.30 - ETA: 08.15. This train have average delay of 15 Minutes. So you will expected to reach by around 08.30 AM only. So you will have only 3.30 Hrs, in between you can visit to Alleppey beach and near by shops...also it is possible by talking to the Houseboat Provider, and paying some extra amount to check in little early...

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
931 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Station in Alleppey?

Alleppey Beach and alleppey town can be worth the extra time you have

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
377 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train Station in Alleppey?

you can spend time at Alleppey Beach

alappuzha
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Train Station in Alleppey?

Sir/ madem,

4 hour is a sufficient to spend in the Alappy beach. You can reach Alappy beach by walk in less than 15 mins (around 1 km) from the Alappy railway station. Or u may get Autorikshaw to reach alappy beach. (Better walk) In alappy beach, after you spent the 4 hours, there are more taxi services available to get you on your desired House boat destination.

7. Re: Train Station in Alleppey?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:44 am, July 25, 2014