We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone used Brightwater Houseboats (not Brightwater Cruises)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone used Brightwater Houseboats (not Brightwater Cruises)

Has anyone used Brightwater Houseboats?

http://www.thehouseboatkerala.com/index.html

Cannot find any reviews for them. They look height of luxury for not a high tariff. Are they too good to be true for the price?

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone used Brightwater Houseboats (not Brightwater Cruises)

Hi..

Did you try this? What's your feedback? I too felt that they are providing luxury at good prices..

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone used Brightwater Houseboats (not Brightwater Cruises)

We don't travel until January 2014 but we decided not to use Brightwater as we could not find any reviews recommending them. Their website gallery is very impressive but our instincts told us they seemed too good to be true.

Audley Travel nor Trans Indus use them and, as both are highly respected travel companies in the UK, we decided to use their recommendations. We are booked with Lakes and Lagoons via Trans Indus in a 1 bed premium houseboat for two nights so will review and post on TA. Thanks for your reply.

Ahmedabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone used Brightwater Houseboats (not Brightwater Cruises)

Yes, We have used but as you said Too Good is not the True. So Worst experience ever.

They are lying and waste of money you will not get your value of your money you spend.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone used Brightwater Houseboats (not Brightwater Cruises)

not good..service and food was very poor quality.

Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone used Brightwater Houseboats (not Brightwater Cruises)

hello smile 1. could you kindly please elaborate your experience with this houseboat company. as me and my friends were planning to book the luxury houseboat with mini pool from ths company. i am not sure as even i couldnt find any good reviews abt the same. my tour agent has provided me with the river escapes from raxa collective. i am a bit confused. your review will help me selecting the right houseboat as i wud not want to be cheated.

thank u

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone used Brightwater Houseboats (not Brightwater Cruises)

For what it's worth I would highly recommend the company Lakes and Lagoons. We had a premium 1 bed boat which included an air con dining room. The boat was clean, food was good and service faultless. Only regret was we didn't stay longer.

Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone used Brightwater Houseboats (not Brightwater Cruises)

Awesome experience at Brightwater houseboat but beware of the mosquitoes at night on the open deck,carry odomos cream,the boat provides you with mosquito coil.

. Food was ttruly traditional,fish was fabulous,river fish currymean,prawns ,crabs can be purchased in the evening.Rooms are clean,bathrooms are clean,western style,mineral water is provided by them.All meals including tea(with snacks),breath taking locations,friendly crew.

Overall a fabulous and awesome experience.Stayed here on 10th Jan 2015 for 1 day and 1night,premium 2 bedroom houseboat,tariff 13000 ₹,

Worth a try

Ahmedabad
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone used Brightwater Houseboats (not Brightwater Cruises)

can any body revert on this

I am planning to book them

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone used Brightwater Houseboats (not Brightwater Cruises)

Hi!

Have you tried this Brightwater Luxury Houseboats ? Is it worth spending money on?

I am planning to book this houseboat for a day in November. Request your help.

Thanks.

Edited: 11:11 am, October 19, 2015
Alappuzha, India
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone used Brightwater Houseboats (not Brightwater Cruises)

Do not fall by seeing the eye catching photos. The Houseboat never looks exactly as you see in photos. Most of the Houseboats shown in gallery are not directly operating by them, you can see the same houseboats in other websites too..... they are outsourcing houseboat from other and of course they too own houseboat.

The common fault of people are, they trust by seeing the beautiful photos and make a big expatiation. That brings the disappointment.