We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houseboat - allepey

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
112 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Houseboat - allepey

Hi,

I have read a lot throughout the forum but could not find any good reviews about good houseboats. One has 2 good reviews and 5 bad ones. So its very diff to get a clear picture of some good houseboats.

Can anyone who has actually travelled here provide some good houseboats information and how to book them. I would be travelling with my family 4 adults.

Thanks

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
112 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Houseboat - allepey

thats what I have asked the question. I am not able to find a good houseboat with good reviews here so wanted some help regarding these.

Munnar, India
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Houseboat - allepey

Hi,

Check this link

www.raxacollective.com (River escape)

Regards,

Lovelymunnar

Edited: 11:44 pm, March 05, 2013
Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
112 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Houseboat - allepey

I have noted down a few of good reviews for houseboats. Could anyone let me know the good ones out of these:

- Dream Voyager

- River escape

- saroma houseboat

- elite houseboat

Cochin
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Houseboat - allepey

Please check below link for Best Houseboat ratesin Alleppey

http://indigenoustour.com/house-boats

Regards

Pramod

Candolim, India
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Houseboat - allepey

Coco Houseboats :

Beautiful scenery on rather old boat. Comfortable but not modern like others. Houseboat company very flexible and friendly. It's really a good houseboat.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,628 posts
889 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Houseboat - allepey

Consider a homestay in the backwaters rather than a houseboat. Some homestays have got excellent TA ratings

Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Houseboat - allepey

i have seen many good reviews about elite houseboat.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Houseboat - allepey

Plenty to pick and choose once you get there. Consider to take also a canoe ride (gondola type) for a few hours. This takes you into the small canals where house boats cannot go and it's driven by Eco friendly man power.

Kerala
Destination Expert
for Kerala, Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Munnar
Level Contributor
6,913 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Houseboat - allepey

Hello Marie H ,

good to know that you used the ' eco friendly ' man powered option of going around the backwaters

hope you had a memorable stay here!

10. Re: Houseboat - allepey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, May 20, 2013