We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houseboat in Alleppey please help?

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
6 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Houseboat in Alleppey please help?

HI my daughter and I are looking for a houseboat from the 12th December until the 14th December from Alleppey to Kollam. I am getting so many mixed messages about what is a good boat and what isn't and how much we would be expected to pay, and if we are better doing a cruise from Alleppey to Alleppey rather than to Kollam. We wanted to also be able to do a 2 hr canoe trip and a massage if possible plus stop at Amrithapuri Ashram as well. Also we have been told to wait until we get there to book - but I think it is coming into high season and I dont want to miss out on a nice boat either. Please help me.

Michelle

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey please help?

If you are looking for longer cruise in the route Alleppey - Kollam, you have to book in advance. The boats in this area are not very luxurious. But, I would be happy with them.

Do you really like boats? if not, you can choose Alleppey around for 1 night. You can find more luxury boats around Alleppey.

Suresh P R, Palmland Tours, Kerala

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey please help?

Actually you are trying to do too much in the boat trip itself. It would be better to opt for Alleppey Alleppey round trip as Suresh suggested above and then opt for canoeing and massage the next day at a resort in Alleppey.

It will be better to book in advance considering you are coming in peak season. Always insist on getting the actual images of the houseboat you will be staying in as you are pre booking whomsover you are booking with.

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
6 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey please help?

Thank you - both of you it makes sense and you are very helpful.

Any ideas who you would travel with on a house boat if it was you?

Cheers

Michelle G

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey please help?

Michelle - Most houseboat trips are private trips where in addition to you and your daughter and there will be a crew comprising two oarsmen and a cook . I would travel only with my friends and relatives

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
175 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey please help?

I think what Michelle G meant by "who you would travel with" is "which tour company or house boat rental agency would you choose if it was you"

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey please help?

hi,

you can try for river escapes

Regards

KERALA DAYZ

pwhelli
Level Contributor
320 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey please help?

pls dont be worrying , get to alleppey to were the boats leave from, there are plenty to choose , we the day before and on the day of travel watched the tourists coming off the boats and we asked them for there imput and how much they paid.

Its fantastic and well worth doing but try and remember you never get touted a bargain .

We fly out today for Cochin and were hoping to visit alleppy on this trip.

8. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey please help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:32 am, May 04, 2016
Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
6 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey please help?

Thank you for your help.

I've decided to go on a one day trip now Alleppey to Alleppey and spend two days in Alleppey before the trip. That way we can travel around from there and then do the boattrip on the last day. Unless anyone has great idea of which companies to look into which they were happy with, I think we will wait till we get there now and organise a trip there.

The alcohol thing doesn't worry me as I don't drink:-) I have enough fun being sober and not having hangovers! lol

Cheers

Michelle G

10. Re: Houseboat in Alleppey please help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:32 am, May 04, 2016