We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Real rip off

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Real rip off

We had been recently to the Rainbow cruises, after seeing their website with excellent images of their boats we decided to book luxury boat for a night, OMG I must say the biggest mistake of my life that i had booked rainbow cruises...

First impression:

As we reached the jetty we were not at all welcomed by their untrained and unprofessional staff, as if they were doing us a favour!

After entering the boat i told my wife lets get off this boat and book taj vivanta, i was so dissapointed by the condition of the boat and their staff!

Condition of theboat:

The interiors of the luxury boat was not like a luxury one but like some ordinary boat, i asked the staff that we had booked luxury and he said yes this is luxury by showing us a board named as elitaire...

The wallpapers all torne off in the room,sofas chairs all had old oily look with some very old towel spread over them,bathroom handle broken, except one small mysore sandal soap there were no toileteries provided, towels oh gosh so dirty and old as if kept for the street dogs...cutlery very old fashioned,kitchen was in equally bad condition..

Food:

I have never eaten such a horrible tasting food in my life with their hygiene conditions to the lowest standard...the menu provided by them at the time of booking did not match at alll when it was served...at night food was prepared with zillions of mosquitoes and flies near the kitchen....yuck i puked and did not eat Ny food..

Safety:

No safety features in the boat, if God forbids something hPpens in the middle of the lake one would drwon as they did not have any tubes,life jackets etc...

Safety for woman can also be challeneged as their staff looked more like rogues rather then people from luxury hospitality industry...

Stay at night:

I suggest all people dont ever stay at night as after 5.30 these rainbow people tie the boat at some corner with zillions of mosquitoes and there is no entertainement systems...u get bored as u r stuck on the mercy of the 3 staff..

Dont waste your hard earned money by going in rainbow cruises instead book a resort in kumarakom or allepey and take a day cruise by good liner like spice route....

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,058 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Real rip off

usefull information for others. It is really shame they cheat and still doing bussiness.

depak

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
327 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Real rip off

Hi Vishal ,

Useful info , unfortunately they are one of the this years State Tourism Award Winners

Regards

Peter

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,058 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Real rip off

May be they have good political connections and giving donations to the party and in return get this award.

deepak

4. Re: Real rip off

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, December 14, 2013