We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alleppey(Kerala) Houseboat March prebooking or spot-booking

Which Alappuzha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aachen, Germany
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Alleppey(Kerala) Houseboat March prebooking or spot-booking

Hi fellow travelers & the experts

The coming March (1st week) I will be renting a houseboat for a '21 hr trip', and I want to know your opinion on pre-booking or spot-booking about this.

Archersarrow had a great post about the hassles of booking a boat on the spot. I am an Indian, and yet I am wary of the touts/agents. I expect March to be a low season. This should give me some advantage while choosing the right boat, right? What do you guys think?

Cheers.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Alleppey(Kerala) Houseboat March prebooking or spot-booking

Dear arunkrlal,

Since you are planning for March, which is not high season, i recommend you do the spot booking. Please don't do pre-booking, i had problems with prebooking of hotels in the past and i heard problems with pre-booking of houseboats. Once you pay the advance without seeing it, you can't do anything about it. I managed to do spot booking even in January (18th january 2012), which is high season. You will find many operators there in the March.

I would recommend Aqua Holidays, and you can read my detail review here:

tripadvisor.in/…38380498

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Alleppey(Kerala) Houseboat March prebooking or spot-booking

By the way, don't go to finishing point jettey to check the boats, all are touts there. The good companies, such as Aqua Holidays, has own private jetty. You just have to collect some contact numbers of good and reputed companies (check other reviews as well), call them and ask them to show their boats. They will come to pick you up and show their boats. If you see boats of two or three reputed companies, that should be enough to decide.

Arunthia

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Alleppey(Kerala) Houseboat March prebooking or spot-booking

Spot Booking may land you with cheaper prices and choice of boats, but the service is lousy as corners ( even the main portion) is cut to provide commission for touts. In the end you might feel let down and and never to board a House Boat again. Pre-booking through a reliable tour operator or directly with House Boat operators will ensure you get good service and at the end you will feel money well spent. and you will enjoy your holidays. Thats what holidays are meant for.

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Alleppey(Kerala) Houseboat March prebooking or spot-booking

May i join in, I also recommend pre-booking and not spot booking. Reason you will find in my answer to this question.

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Alleppey(Kerala) Houseboat March prebooking or spot-booking

Pre book or spot book, better contact directly to house boat owners having one or few boats.

Some of them are

Dharmajyothi- Mob: +91 9947998989

Alpha Houseboat- Mob: +91 9447146009

Maveli- Mob: +91 944738217

Vigneswara- Phone No : 0484 2264225 Mob : +91 9447264225

Emmanuel- Mob: +91 9744100256, 9847196073

Le pride- Mob: +91 9847069125, 9388082255

Arknoh - Mob: +91 9847547778

Discovery- Phone No: 0484 2731330 Mob: +91 9946123406

Opera -Phone No: 0477 2251834 Mob : +91 9656961834

Prakkadan-Mob: +91 9847959701

Kailas-Mob: +91 9847324838

Chakkizhathu- Mob : +91 9447250329

26. Re: Alleppey(Kerala) Houseboat March prebooking or spot-booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 am, March 25, 2013