We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer

Nordlingen, Germany
Level Contributor
69 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer

Hello,

I will stay in Alappuzha and I love Ginger Beer or Ginger Ale (Indian Style).

This is a non-alcoholic Softdrink.

I asked at the hotel and they are not sure, if they can get it for me.

I think, that I will need (in more than 20 days) nearly 100 bottles. So it is worth, to look, where it is available.

But it must be Indian Style (spicy).

Who can help?

Thanks & Regards

Andi

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer

Hi Noerdl,

IMO, you would not find it difficult to source this in Alleppey. In case, your hotel confirms that they will not be able to source it there, then I suggest you may check it out in Cochin (assuming you land there) and most departmental stores will have it. You may pick it in Cochin and stock it or let your hotel know where they can find it. Ginger Ale is easily available in major (read branded) retail chains, of which Cochin has many. One thing though, they might not have the quantity you are looking for, as this is not a fast moving item. You need to shop in a couple of places or let the shop you are buying from, know that you would come back to them or they need to give you so much quantity when you visit them next.

Regards

Prasanna

Nordlingen, Germany
Level Contributor
69 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer

Dear Prasanna,

thanks a lot.

Would it be possible, to make a contact?

I will come to Cochin at 20.08.11 and will be picked up with Taxi.

So I could be able to order and take the bottles with me to Alappuzha.

Thanks and Regards

Andi

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer

Hi Andi,

If you have prebooked a taxi for a drop in Alleppey, then you need to ask the taxi guy to take you to some departmental store to pick up this stuff. Will revert tomorrow to find out where exactly this is available and if you can request your taxi guy to buy and bring this for you. You may PM me for any more info.

Regards

Prasanna

cochin
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer

Hi Andy,

While at Fort cochin try shop n save at Princess street, there are some beverage shops around, sure you could find them easily here......

cheers

shiles

cochin
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer

Hi Andi,

Sorry, I dont see your comig to cochin, so you could try at cochin airport or get drivers help to stop at some stores.....

shil,es

Nordlingen, Germany
Level Contributor
69 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer

Hi Shiles and Prasanna,

you are so helpfull and gentle.

I am really happy about it.

I think I will get my Ginger Ale and will have a drink while thinking of you!

Thanks & Regards

andi

7. Re: Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, October 07, 2012