We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local bars alappuzha

colchester uk
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
local bars alappuzha

i have been to india many times and do like to drink in local indian bars not hotels are there many bars that sell beer in alappuzha which iplan to viset in feb 2012 by local bars i mean ones that indians drink in

colchester uk
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: local bars alappuzha

hi there tomtharakan we are starting our holiday in cochin i week then off to alapuzha for to weeks the point i am trying to make is we do not like bars were tourists go only ones were the local indians drink does not matter what they are like it does not matter if there are not toliets ect these are the bars we have been to all over india it may seem strang e but this is what we like as long as they let our female friend in then great ??? barry colchester uk

Chennai
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: local bars alappuzha

Ok Barry...got the point....then the best place to hit will be toddy bars (Local drink). Check the google image link below to have a peep. If it doesn't work just google for toddy shop, kerala.

http://www.google.co.in/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=667&q=toddy+shop&gbv=2&oq=toddy+shop&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=0l0l0l2363l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0#hl=en&safe=off&gbv=2&tbm=isch&q=toddy+shop+in+kerala&revid=1481954776&sa=X&ei=nTfvTsmQIsmIrAeilriBCQ&ved=0CDsQ1QIoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=bbba1c328b2b4b32&biw=1366&bih=667

Thers is one at Nettoor in Cochin and if at Alleppey there will be plenty more. However, they only serve toddy and nothing else so if you prefer beer then this is not the place to be.

But do be warned that toddy can create gastric problems for certain people if you are not used to it. Toddy Shops are similar to the shacks in Goa and they serve great, but spicy (really spicy) seafood and your female friend won't have a problem entering these places

Cheers

colchester uk
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: local bars alappuzha

you are a top man ?? and thank you for your help cheers barry

14. Re: local bars alappuzha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 21, 2012