We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with Pool near Allepey

Which Alappuzha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with Pool near Allepey

Hello,

I am looking for a hotel (preferably with a pool) in or near Allepey. My current choices are Marari beach resort or Raheem Residency. More the former as I read not so great reviews on TA about Raheem.

I am also wondering how good is the beach at Marari vs Raheem and how far is Marari Beach Resort from Allepey town and how easy it is to get to Allepey (cost/time)

Thanks for any recommendations

Alex

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with Pool near Allepey

I have also notice Abad Turtle Beach, but it only has 2 reviews, from which only one helpful.

Looks really interesting and reasonably priced. Grounds look...well, a bit naked without much vegetation.

Can anyone comment on this one as well?

2. Re: Hotel with Pool near Allepey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:35 am, January 09, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with Pool near Allepey

Thank you for the detailed reply Deepak. I will acuially be staying at Kumarakon Lake Resort for 2 nights after the beach, so I really wanted a Beach experience. Even ready to forget about the pool as long as the beach is nice. Read different reviews on Marari beach (Great and sometimes not so nice), so I guess first priority is to a nice beach.

I guess I better go with the cgh pr Abad Turtle beach. Looking into a few other options as well: OG BEach Bungalow, A Beach symphony,etc

nairobi
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with Pool near Allepey

We stayed at Abad Turtle in Marari in early January. Rooms are very nice, spacious and clean. Pool is very small. Squatting and squirting on the beach is not appealing. They have 2 sun beds rest still on their way from China. Restuarant rarely offers ala carte so if you like South Indian food then you should stay there but we found the cuisine too spicy. General Manager not very nice. Very unhelpful even if we wanted to arrange a yoga class. Staff very sweet however, resort is understaffed. We avoided the beach once we realized what is going on and pool was too small. Marari is isolated so there is nothing else to do there. We had paid for several nights but got bored after a couple of nights and left for another resort. No refund policy

5. Re: Hotel with Pool near Allepey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 14, 2010