We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kep - malaria pills????

Which Kep hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kep - malaria pills????

Hi,

In August we will be going to Cambodia - SR, PP and Kep. Although we've been to SR and PP before, we've not been to Kep. Very much looking forward to it! However, I've been advised by the nurse in my doctors' practice to take malaria tablets as Kep is malarial - just wondering what others who have visited Kep have done. I'd opt for Malarone if we decide to take them - any side effects? Can we drink??!!

Thanks in advance, Jo

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
559 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kep - malaria pills????

What? Noone here going to jump on the "DEET will kill you" bandwagon? I'm disappointed.....lol !

+1 to Wanderlust V - Kep is pretty quiet....easily visited as a day trip from Kampot. 2 or 3 days if you want to go out to Rabbit Is.

enjoy!

R

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kep - malaria pills????

If the mozzies don't get me then the DEET will!!

Kep doesn't sound like Vegas but I more than happy to lie in a hammock, drinking cocktails for a couple of days!

Can't wait!!

Jo

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,436 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kep - malaria pills????

Hi Jo

make time to tip out of your hammock (put your cocktail down carefully first) & wander down to the crab restaurants! Crab with Kampot pepper is to die for :~)

14. Re: Kep - malaria pills????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Kep