We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tented Camp Safari - Advice Please

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tented Camp Safari - Advice Please

Hello,

I'm looking to do a 4-5 day safari in mid December. I am interested in the tented camp safari's - (semi-luxury) in the Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti areas.

Do you have a great tour group you can recommend?

or any group I should stay away from?

I am also climbing Mt. K from Dec.22nd-30th as a private climb- am open to have folks join if the time frame works for you.

Thank you!

SM

West Sonoma...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tented Camp Safari - Advice Please

check out proud african safari company. they have people in the USA so they take credit cards, are very responsive and work well with other groups. My son travels to Africa frequently and will be climbing Mt K in Jan with Focus in Africa. PAS and Focus work together to make it all happen. Also, they are both based in Tanzania, so you are dealing with locals when you get there

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tented Camp Safari - Advice Please

I had a fab time with Bright Visit Adventure, and a couple of friends climbed Kili with them and had an equally good experience. I think their website is still 'under construction' but if you want to give them a go, PM me and I can fish out their details and send you them

tanzania
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tented Camp Safari - Advice Please

Hi MS

You are planing to travel in mid december and you have not decided yet? Tented camps are amazing you will really enjoy your experience there. It depends on your budget as there are lots of different option and luxury level.

4. Re: Tented Camp Safari - Advice Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 14, 2012