We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Hotel Recommendations for Greensboro

Which Greensboro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Hotel Recommendations for Greensboro

I am single traveler looking to spend time touring Greensboro and vicinity - rather than spend time in a high(er) priced hotel room. I know more expensive options have added frills but a nice clean quiet room with a TV, clock and phone will suit me fine. I would like something close to the airport for simplicity but would consider other options. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Hotel Recommendations for Greensboro

Hi

As a fellow Canadian who travels to the Greensboro area at least once a year I would strongly suggest staying in the Wendover area. We find this to be quite central to almost everything - restaurants, shopping...

I'm not sure how much you mean by "budget" as everyone has a different opinion. We personally prefer to stay at SpringHill Suites which runs about $100 a night or so depending on when you plan to go. It's a newer property, has a great indoor pool, and includes an above average breakfast.

Hotel rates really fluctuate in this area sometimes going as high at 3 times the regular rate during special events! We have run into this a few times already and sometimes changing your travel plans by a day or two will make a huge difference.

Hope this helps

USA
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Hotel Recommendations for Greensboro

There is a Marriott on the airport grounds however the rooms are about $179-$219 per night.

There is a Farifield Inn Greensboro Airport that is located near the airport and easy access to the airport. Their rates are about $100 - $125.

There are places to eat near the Fairfield Inn and it's a safe area.

The previous post recommended the Wendover Avenue area. This area is full of hotels, eating establishments and places to shop. It's very congested and busy but a safe area as well.

Heart 10

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Hotel Recommendations for Greensboro

There are several hotels in the Marriott/airport area - that road is quiet and lovely and the properties are so spread out some of them look resort-like. Occasionally the Marriott runs specials for under 100.00 a night and it IS an excellent hotel.

4. Re: Budget Hotel Recommendations for Greensboro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 29, 2009