We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mirleft or Tiznit or Sidi Ifni ?

Which Mirleft hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheltenham, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
Mirleft or Tiznit or Sidi Ifni ?

Been to Agadir/Essaoura many years ago & looking at different areas for Jan 2014.

I am not knowledgeable on Morocco.

Really looking for a lovely beach & lovely town with good supply of restaurants & supermarkets selling local wines. We do not like towns that are too quiet - just a bit of a buzz & some nice evening haunts for eats/drinks. We are not clubbers.

Someone told me you could only buy alchohol in hotels & bars to take away ?

Thanks

Tabba

Edited: 10:41 am, August 02, 2013
7 replies to this topic
Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mirleft or Tiznit or Sidi Ifni ?

Mirleft or Tiznit or Sidi Ifni are not for you.

Go back to Agadir or maybe Marrakech, if your idea of a good time includes the consumption of alcohol.

2. Re: Mirleft or Tiznit or Sidi Ifni ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:56 am, October 28, 2013

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,788 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mirleft or Tiznit or Sidi Ifni ?

Local wines? You would have to be near Meknes in the north where all the vineyards are.

I wouldn't recommend Tiznit as a holiday destination. Mirleft and Sidi Ifni have bars or low-end hotels with alcohol but I wouldn't say it's anything like Essaouira which has a bit artificial touristy atmosphere.

John's based in El Jadida, and I was impressed when I visited.

Cheltenham, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mirleft or Tiznit or Sidi Ifni ?

David

Oh dear !

Have I offended someone .......

My idea of a good time does not indeed depend on alcohol consumption. Some people do like a nice bottle of wine with a nice dinner in the evening. I am on this forum because I do not wish to visit Agadir & just wanted some advise on a few places & did not welcome your comment.

To Tim & John. Thank you. I will look at El Jadida.

Essaouira or Agadir was not for me, therefore have not returned. Comments much appreciated.

Mirleft, Morocco
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mirleft or Tiznit or Sidi Ifni ?

Live from Mirleft: Small town, small but nice beach about 15 minutes walk from the village center. More beaches a 5 minute drive away, used mostly by surf schools and for organized fishing trips.

There are no supermarkets in town, but you can buy pretty much anything (except alcohol) in small shops and in the souk. As far as I know, the next supermarket that has alcohol is in Agadir, though at least in Tiznit (15 MAD per person by shared taxi, about 45 to 60 minutes) you'll find bars that let you buy wine for take away (just ask around in Hotels).

Of the about 10 restaurants in Mirleft only 3 or 4 serve wine - though only two of them will let you take a bottle to your place.

If you consider tranquility, sun and the sound of waves as intoxicating as alcohol, give Mirleft a try ;)

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mirleft or Tiznit or Sidi Ifni ?

Tabba- what in particular did you not like about Agadir or Essaouria?

I do like El Jadida but note that not many tourists visit there - some people like that, some dont - depends what you are looking for.

From the bits you have said, I very much doubt you would like Mirleft, Tiznit or Sidi Ifni anyway.

7. Re: Mirleft or Tiznit or Sidi Ifni ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:55 am, October 28, 2013

Reply to: Mirleft or Tiznit or Sidi Ifni ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mirleft