We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari dilemma from Mnarani

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Safari dilemma from Mnarani

Dear All,

I thought it was going to be easy, but I really struggle to decide on the safari tour while at Mnarani Club hotel at the end of May/beginning of June.

We are considering the following options:

1. 2-day safari to Tsavo East only staying at Ashnil Aruba Lodge

2. 2-day safari to Tsavo East and Taita Hills staying at Sarova Saltlicks

3. 2-day safari to Tsavo East and Tsavo West staying at Serena Kilaguni

4. 3-day safari to Tsavo East and Tsavo West staying at Ashnil Aruba and Serena Kilaguni.

The last option is much more expensive, and should we opt for a 2-day safari we will probably go on a day trip to Haller Park.

While on safari we would like to spend most of the time watching as many animals as possible rather than travelling from a to b.

I've read that there is a higher concentration of animals at Taita Hills than Tsavo. Also that it is more difficuilt to spot animals at Tsavo West than Tsavo East due to terrain. Are Mzima Springs worth extras travelling and money, or is Haller Park as interesting?

Thank you very much for all your valued opinions.

Regards,

Andy

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Safari dilemma from Mnarani

Thank you again, Mary. Great advice!

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Safari dilemma from Mnarani

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your text.

I've shortlisted 3 operators from about 7 or 8 that I contacted for the quotes based on their opinion on TA and quotes.

They are:

1. F Kings Safaris, offering best prices and clear communication so far,

2. Jawamu Tours similar prices but not as good communication,

3. Glorious Safaris, bit more expensive, but good reviews.

It is our first trip to Kenya and my wife says she would prefer to share a safari trip with other tourists to feel safer. Therefore if you are interested we can book it together and share costs and fun.

At present I am leaning towards one of the 2 options:

2-day safari to Tsavo East staying at Ashnil Aruba, F Kings and Jawamu Tours quoted £330 for 2 of us if sharing a safari van with other tourists or

3-day safari to Tsavo East and Tsavo West staying at Ashnil Aruba Lodge and Kilaguni Serena, F Kings quoted £620 for just the 2 of us. The price should be lower if we were to travel together. Let me know what you think. Regards,

Andy

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Safari dilemma from Mnarani

We have now booked a 3-day safari to Tsavo East and Tsavo West departing on 29 May. Cannot wait!

Thank you for all your opinions. Regards,

Kilifi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Safari dilemma from Mnarani

Hi Andy. You can choose the 2 days tsavo east and overnight at Taita Saltlick it has a lot of game drives for 2 full days.Thanks

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Safari dilemma from Mnarani

Thank you for your advice Jawamu.

lancashire
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Safari dilemma from Mnarani

hello

we have booked to stay at mnarani in January. How did you go on with the safari and who did you book with? Can you book easily enough when you get there? Please can you advise on how much it was for 2.

thank you

Mombasa Kenya
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Safari dilemma from Mnarani

From the post i would myself recommend you do tsavo east full day and later in the afternoon drive to saltlick for overnight. following day morning game drives and drive to tsavo staying at kilaguni or if you want cheaper lodge you can go to ngulia. you can book with local operators like lilac adventures, sipi tours,

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Safari dilemma from Mnarani

The best option is the 2 day safari then Haller Park is lovely . I live there so any help you need please ask

19. Re: Safari dilemma from Mnarani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kilifi