We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kilifi B & B

Which Kilifi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Topic
Kilifi B & B

Any Contact Details For What Next or Dhows Inn In Kilifi

Edited: 7:15 pm, June 29, 2012
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kilifi B & B

Any Contact Details For What Next or Dhows Inn In Kilifi

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,328 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kilifi B & B

Google produced this telephone number for Dhows Inn, +254 12 22028 but nothing for Whats Next, though they both places are on a couple of online booking websites

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kilifi B & B

thank you Doff, been few times to Kilifi but not stayed over, will go round to see these places on the day early next week, also looking at makuti villas for now,

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kilifi B & B

Hi - hsve a look @ Makuti Villa in Kilfi. Decent place to stay @ pocket friendly rates.

http://www.makutivillas.com/

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kilifi B & B

thank you Stef, i was loking at that and the reviews, also got reply from them it would be no music on weekdays. it would also (probably) be closer to beach than the dhows inn or what next, thx again.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kilifi B & B

The latest numbers for Dhows Inn are +254 (0)20 8088 833 and +254 (0)722 375 214. I like Dhows Inn - good value - and Makuti Villas has maintained standards too. Both are a fair way from the beaches, though MV has a nice pool.

Richard

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kilifi B & B

thank you Richard, i will certainly call them on the phone, i was trying to rely on emails but some of them reply too slow,

i understand some of these places (Makuti Villas, Dhows Inn and Gosana Nature) are off the highway and are located on the left side of the highway when coming from mombasa, some are before the bridge and some are after the bridge,

i also came across Gosana Nature and Surf B&B, which can be booked on hostels.com or hostelworld.com or bedandbreakfastworld.com or travellerspoint.com, (maybe this website is related to this business www.gosana.org),

we should be having a good look in kilifi its our first time staying here, have booked with thomson directly and t&c says we are due for the new $40 departure tax. well i should aim for the multiple visa in the future.

UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kilifi B & B

bina

Haven't heard of Gosana - do let me know if you find anything on the ground (I never really trust the bookings sites to offer any hard info). Dhows Inn is unmissable, it's in the middle of a short row of bars and shops on the left as you near the bridge over the creek on the south side of Kilifi. -3.642499° 39.850004° on Google Earth. Makuti Villas is about the same distance on the north side, also left, but off the old ferry road. They have a marker on Google Earth/Maps so you can't miss it.

Have a great trip, and bad luck about the $40 tax - though a multiple visa wouldn't make any difference of course!

Richard

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kilifi B & B

thank you Richard, i should be using your directions kesho,

i have spoken with Gosana nature reserve, their (4 double) eco-huts are en-suite (with nets) and they have a restaurant as well, its bed and (basic) breakfast and you can order your evening meal if you wish, its motre like a nature reserve with selection of animals and birds and butterflies (lovely kipepeo),

rates 2.5k moja and 3.5k mbili, i will load mpesa and transfer as needed on the day,

about this departure tax, the air ticket always mentions it, but i remember once last year (maybe last october) i was due for it, but on the departure day they never asked for it, cant remember if it was First Choice or Thomson, but i have always booked thro charterflights (except this time with thomson)

and i have always booked on the last 2 or 3days before departure and charterflights always say "no meals", but i can confirm we got served everytime,

i need to make some savings in the future, so i should aim for multi visa, my gains in one way will compensate losses in another way (i mean the new $40 departure tax),

yes i will have a good look at Kilifi and Dhows Inn, have to leave in few hours and back a week later, thank you again.

UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kilifi B & B

Safari njema!

Richard

Get answers to your questions about Kilifi