We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for restaurant with romantic atmosphere.

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for restaurant with romantic atmosphere.

Hi again everyone. Need advise on the perfect romantic restaurant. Dark, candlelit, fireplace. Does Cherokee Grill fit the bill? Thats the one I was going to try. But if theres somewhere else better- good food and big portions since we enjoy our food-let me know of any restaurants with this kind of atmosphere. Going to the Smokies is such a special time and hope to make it a yearly thing to do. Going Nov 4, its our 2nd trip so far, but haven't gone to any nice restaurants yet. We are staying in Gatlinburg, so we are trying to stay out of P.F. although would like to go to the Mill for lunch. Thanks.

north ga
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for restaurant with romantic atmosphere.

I think you've made a good choice. The Park Grill and The Peddler also have that kind of atmosphere.

Livonia La.
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for restaurant with romantic atmosphere.

No doubt. The Peddler. Call ahead and reserve a seat by the creek. IMHO, Its very romantic. Nice atmosphere.

indiana
Level Contributor
222 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for restaurant with romantic atmosphere.

We did like the Cherokee Grill. It was dark and had a fireplace-although we sat nowhere near it-maybe you could call ahead and ask for seating there? There was a "rose lady" who was walking around selling roses. We've been to the Park Grill too which is also a really nice place, beautiful and rustic looking, but I did not just get as strong of a "romance" vibe from it-maybe because of all the light wood that gives it a brighter look.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for restaurant with romantic atmosphere.

How expensive are we talking here for a creek view?

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for restaurant with romantic atmosphere.

Well, I guess it's OK to disagree, right? I think the Peddler's overrated. It reminds me of an old cramped steakhouse from the 70's, and the food was overpriced for what it was. I used to get taken there on dates by men who were trying to impress me. My last visit was 6 years ago, and believe me, I have not missed it! I don't know if much has changed since then... I doubt it.

On the other hand, the Cherokee Grill has much more flair in both the menu and the decor. It is spacious with a rustic elegance. Definitely go after dark; the mood is different than in the daytime.

Gatlinburg
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
Level Contributor
673 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for restaurant with romantic atmosphere.

My wife loves the Greenbriar restaraunt. The food is great, the view is really nice, and good service. One of the nicest things for a romantic dinner is that I have never seen any "little ones" running aroung, crying, or screaming ! It is also way off the beaten path so the wait time is usually zero or low.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for restaurant with romantic atmosphere.

We went to The Peddler for our anniversary dinner - I called ahead and asked for creekside - told her it was our anny. We had a candle on the table (everyone did) but we also had a table cloth .......guess that was supposed to make it special. We both had ribeyes, salad (included) and a drink a piece - $60.00. We didnt eat it all.....

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for restaurant with romantic atmosphere.

I too, think the Peddler is over rated. I like the Park Grill, Greenbriar, and Maxwells.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for restaurant with romantic atmosphere.

If you want to make the drive over to Townsend, Trailhead restaurant is very nice. White table cloths, very small. We were one of mostly couples on the night we were there. You need a reservation. Food was fantastic - the steak was unbelievable - an a large cut. We ended up taking some back to the hotel with us. We could have split one between us. You could ask for a table in the smaller room for a little more privacy.

Escatawpa...
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for restaurant with romantic atmosphere.

the Bear Creek Grill on east 321. Creek view, candle lite, very very romantic and the most wonderful food and atmosphere. My husband are going back next month to G.B. and we both are looking forward to enjoying dinner there again. You will love it!

Jeanni