We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentines Day Dinner

Huntington, West...
Level Contributor
21 posts
347 reviews
Save Topic
Valentines Day Dinner

What are the best restaraunts for a Valentines Dinner? Also, are reservations required?

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentines Day Dinner

Most places in the area don't except reservations, but some have call ahead seating. Several nice places are, The Park Grill, Cherokee Grill, Calhoun's and The Peddler. All of these are in Gatlinburg. Check www.dininginthesmokes.com for information about the individual restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Cherokee Grill
Cherokee Grill
3,456 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Calhoun's
Calhoun's
1,892 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
The Peddler Steakhouse
The Peddler Steakhouse
2,751 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
5,215 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentines Day Dinner

I would recommend The Restaurant at Buckberry Creek(excellent dinning experience) Cherokee Grill(Great steaks, Sit by the fireplace), The Peddler(Great steaks and stuffed shrimp, sit by the river), Almao Steakhouse(great steaks,local favorite).Buckhorn Inn(Heavenly food and awesome service).

Mentioned in this post
Cherokee Grill
Cherokee Grill
3,456 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
The Peddler Steakhouse
The Peddler Steakhouse
2,751 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Buckhorn Inn
Buckhorn Inn
762 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentines Day Dinner

The Alamo is a great steakhouse and offer call ahead seating. We have been to the Peddler on V-Day and we had to go in person to make the reservations on the day of. Maybe they have changed things since then but they have fantastic food.

We plan on being there too!

Mentioned in this post
The Peddler Steakhouse
The Peddler Steakhouse
2,751 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Huntington, West...
Level Contributor
21 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentines Day Dinner

Like all the recommendations. Concerning atmosphere, which might be the most romantic?

Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentines Day Dinner

Love the ambience at Cherokee Grill...and the food is great too!

Mentioned in this post
Cherokee Grill
Cherokee Grill
3,456 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
505 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentines Day Dinner

Cherokee Grille has a lovely ambiance. Another nice place that has been around many years is the Greenbriar. The food & ambiance was very good. We were there this past September.

Edited: 7:59 pm, January 07, 2015
Mentioned in this post
Cherokee
Cherokee
North Carolina Mountains, NC
St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentines Day Dinner

If you are booking for Valentine's night make sure to go ahead and call to see if you can get reservations. I know Cherokee Grill will go ahead and book your reservation now and I saw a posting on their twitter that they are almost booked so you may want to go ahead and schedule. We scheduled our party of 12 for the weekend before Valentines this month and had no issues. Call the number below...this is what is on their Facebook page from Jan 14

There's only one month until Valentine's Day! Show your loved ones how much you care by making a reservation at Gatlinburg's Steakhouse.

*For reservations, call (865)436-4287.*

Mentioned in this post
Cherokee Grill
Cherokee Grill
3,456 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
1,431 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Valentines Day Dinner

My favorites in town are Park Grill, The Peddler and Best Italian at Elks Plaza. Of those 3, the Peddler is probably the nicest as far as atmosphere, but I like the food the best at the Park Gril.

Mentioned in this post
The Peddler Steakhouse
The Peddler Steakhouse
2,751 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Smyrna, Tennessee
Level Contributor
542 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Valentines Day Dinner

I would go with any place that doesn't have a salad bar. One thing about The Peddler and Park Grill is the salad bar. Both are good restaurants, but with a salad bar or buffet, there is a constant flow of people going by your table to get refills - really a distraction from the romance aspect. Additionally, how romantic would it be to be holding your fiance's hand, looking deep into his eyes and he asks, "Honey will you...will you...?" and you reply with, "I have been waiting for this moment forever!" and he continues, "Will you...get me some more potato salad from the salad bar?"

Mentioned in this post
The Peddler Steakhouse
The Peddler Steakhouse
2,751 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
10. Re: Valentines Day Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 24, 2016