We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aardvark smoky mountain cabin rentals

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
Aardvark smoky mountain cabin rentals

Hi, Has anyone stayed in the Aardvark smoky mountain cabin called Sweet Haven? I have booked it for my fiancé and I and 2 other couples. I did find some reviews that are a few years old, but now I'm a little worried. I really hope I have made the right choice. Anyone's help would be appreciated.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,819 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aardvark smoky mountain cabin rentals

I have no experience with Aardvark Cabin Rentals, but from what I have read on the forum here I don't think I would rent with them. I try to research companies I would like to rent from and look at all the sources first before I give them a penny. From what I understand they have a F rating with the BBB and to me that sends up a red flag.

bbb.org/knoxville/business-reviews/cabin-ren…

I have looked at their cabins many times online and they have a few that are just beautiful.

I would do a search on here and just read a few topics on them.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60842-i150-k75484…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g55328-i973-k73094…

I guess there is a chance they could have changed the way they do business. Some people love them and say they will only rent from them.

I hope you do have a good time without any hassles.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aardvark smoky mountain cabin rentals

My wife & I were in the process of renting a cabin from "Aardvark rentals" for this coming November....the name of the cabin was "Serenity Now" in Wears Valley. We had done extensive searching before finding this cabin. Then after finding it, we did a little more research on "Aardvark". There were a few "issues" with them, but they seemed to have been resolved. By the time we got back with the rental agency, the cabin had been rented for the time we wanted it. BTW, the "issues" with the B.B.B. were nothing major. And they had nothing to do with "deceptive advertising" or quality or cleanliness of the cabin.

I'd probably rent from them in the future...I just need to reserve it before someone else beats me to it. One other thing to bear in mind, whenever you look for, and rent a cabin on-line, you're more or less getting a "pig in a poke". And there must be at least a little faith and trust in the rental agent you're dealing with.

Ray

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aardvark smoky mountain cabin rentals

Thank you for your information!!

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aardvark smoky mountain cabin rentals

How did your stay with this company end up going?

Gordon, GA
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aardvark smoky mountain cabin rentals

Our stay was awesome! The cabin was beautiful and private. We all had a wonderful time. 2 bedrooms each with bath room and a big loft with a bedroom and bathroom. Downstairs has a huge projection TV room, pool table, hot tub, out door fire pit and gas fire place. We had no problems and would definitely rent from them again.

Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aardvark smoky mountain cabin rentals

Angelina, how did your trip turn out? How was the cabin? We are looking at using the same company, different cabin though this July. Thanks in advance.

7. Re: Aardvark smoky mountain cabin rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, March 09, 2016