We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries

Illinois, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Groceries

Best place to get groceries? Staying between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Also, after a 7 hour drive, suggestions on low key evening with kids on arrival day? Thanks in advance!

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groceries

There is a Kroger on Wears Valley Road in Pigeon Forge and a Food City farther south on the parkway. There is also a Food City on the East Parkway in Gatlinburg. It's a couple of miles from traffic light #3 in Gatlinburg. There is also a Kroger and a Wal-Mart in Sevierville. Wal-Mart is a zoo.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,626 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groceries

We like the Krogers the best. It is clean and has good food choices. It is worth the drive up there. If you really want something to do on the first day maybe take in the Aquarium in Gatlinburg. Or just go out to Big Daddy's Pizza in Pigeon Forge. They have an arcade inside to keep the kids busy while waiting on your food.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Groceries

As stated earlier, there's a "Food-City" grocery store in both Gat/burg and Pig/forge. If you're not planning on leaving within the next week or so, it might pay you to call them in advance, and inquire about purchasing a "shoppers card" from them. You can save quite a bit, if staying at a cabin or for a long duration. There's also a Wal-Mart store in Sevierville.

Ray

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
4,590 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groceries

Besides the Walmart, Kroger, Food City grocery stores there is also The Smoky Mountain Grocery store on Wears Valley Road. You can have your things delivered to your cabin.

We have used them a few times and never had a problem.

It made it so much better to arrive at the cabin and have your groceries put away for you and not have to use vacation time to grocery shop.

https://www.smokymountaingrocery.com/

Edited: 4:58 pm, May 22, 2014
paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Groceries

We go to Wal-Mart and Foodcity that is on the left in Pigeon Forge. I think their Kroger's is to high priced for me to go and it is right behind our hotel we can walk, But instead we go elsewhere to shop for our food. I'm always watching my budget so I try to go to where I can shop a little cheaper. and spend my money on more important things while there.

Illinois, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Groceries

Thank you! We are going with the delivery service? Any tips or suggestions?

Illinois, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Groceries

Thank you! We are going with the delivery service? Any tips or suggestions?

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Groceries

I have a feeling you'll be pleased with Smokey Mountain Grocery. After a 7 hour drive, my choice would be to cook on the grill at the cabin, get to know the place, kick back and rest up for the next day.

Not sure what amenities the cabin will have, but I'm sure there's something for the kids to do there. Also gives you plenty of time to plan the next day's activities while having a more accurate picture of the weather.

Amory, Mississippi
Level Contributor
129 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Groceries

We always pack a medium size cooler with milk, cooked frozen biscuits, cooked frozen sausage, eggs, sandwich meats, mayo, jelly, and ketchup. I stop by our local store before we leave, or the day before, and put this stuff in the cooler over with ice. Most of the time we arrive around 3-4 am and the last thing I want to do when I get up is go grocery shopping or stand in line at a restaurant. All you need is a microwave for your first breakfast.

Then head out to the grocery store later that day ;)

8 hour drive for us and everything is still cold or frozen in a Coleman cooler

Edited: 7:08 pm, June 01, 2014
Smyrna, Tennessee
Level Contributor
529 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Groceries

Second Ray on Food City. When we were there New Years I asked for a Shopping Card (free) and the person had several in their pocket and handed me one - didn't even have to register it. Saved us $50 on a $300 grocery bill.