We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less crowd

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KY
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
Less crowd

We usually visit in the summer time and it is always crowded! Is it as crowded in all seasons or is there a less crowded time to visit?

Marshall, North...
Level Contributor
384 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Less crowd

I like November. You still get to see some fall colors but the crowds of Oct. are gone!!!!!!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Less crowd

Spring Break, holiday weekends, summer, fall leaf season and Christmas are the really crowded times. However Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge both regularly host big events like car shows, motorcycle rallies and craft fairs so you need to check the local chambers web pages before making plans. You can get access to all the US chambers/visitor centers from http://www.2chambers.com

Under your bed
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Less crowd

I went in May once and there was very little crowd and traffic. Weather was nice too, so you might want to consider May.

Norwood, OH
Level Contributor
420 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Less crowd

Our family has gone at least 3 times on Easter Sunday and stayed 4 to 5 days and it just perfect. Especially coming in on Easter Sunday....no traffic through Pigeon Forge! I never understand that, since it's Springbreak. Maybe we have just been lucky. The one thing to remember about going during Springbreak, you can't predict the weather. One year it was unbelievable. 80's and sunny. Another year, 75 one day and snow flurries the next. Couldn't believe it. Anyway, I really like going during this time. I've been in July and November. The crowds are terrible in summer and okay in late fall. Have a great time whenever you go.

Chicago West Burbs
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Less crowd

We always go the week before Easter (unless it's early, like this year). We arrive the Sunday before Easter and leave Friday morning. We see the droves coming down thru Pigeon Forge as we are leaving. Most places give good rates and the restaurants aren't too crowded.

Columbia,SC
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Less crowd

I am going to Gatlinburg this weekend I will let you know about the crowd. However, we did have a hard time finding a place to stay this weekend.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Less crowd

We stay here for our anniversary every year in August and

the place is always crowded in the summer months.

However when the kids all go back to school is the best time

to visit which is around September and later.

We went last year for Winterfest the place was empty.

Everything closed real early and alot of activities were closed.

I like it better crowded than empty though.