We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Davy Crockett Tennessee Whiskey & Ole Smokey Moonshine

Carencro, Louisiana
Level Contributor
355 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Davy Crockett Tennessee Whiskey & Ole Smokey Moonshine

Does anyone know how much a bottle the whiskey and ole smokey moonshine is?

Thanks in advance,

Lesley Mahler

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Davy Crockett Tennessee Whiskey & Ole Smokey Moonshine

I don't understand the fascination over this stuff. Technically it's nothing more than over-priced vodka.

Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Davy Crockett Tennessee Whiskey & Ole Smokey Moonshine

Thanks! I was wondering about that!

Smyrna, Tennessee
Level Contributor
534 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Davy Crockett Tennessee Whiskey & Ole Smokey Moonshine

Nod to TNWilliams - for correcting my mistake. Ray - most wine is 13-15% alcohol or 26 - 30 proof. High gravity beers around 10% or 20 proof. I think anytime you distill "moonshine" more that once the moonshine will lessen in acoholic content which is the case with most of the flavored moonshine - dropping it to around 60 proof or less. I could me off, but not by much - google it...there again, like Ray said in another post - it is basically expensive vodka...

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Davy Crockett Tennessee Whiskey & Ole Smokey Moonshine

The flavored moonshine is watered down by the addition of the flavorings and it could be watered down even further to cut the alcohol bite to make it more palatable. It's also quite possible they are using inferior products in the flavored versions and using the flavoring to cover for the lower quality. More trips through the still would tend to raise the alcohol content instead of lowering it depending of course on the temperature and pressure the still is run at and the desired outcome of the final product. There are a lot of variables in the distilling process and only the distiller knows what's being done and the rest is conjecture on our part.

Georgetown...
Level Contributor
106 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Davy Crockett Tennessee Whiskey & Ole Smokey Moonshine

Can't speak for the whiskey place, but old smoky moonshine runs either 24.95 or 27.95 per bottle.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,888 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Davy Crockett Tennessee Whiskey & Ole Smokey Moonshine

Buying so called "moonshine" from these shops is all well; & good, if you're looking for an unusual gift for someone at Christmas time or just a souvenir to display in your hutch. But for the price you'll pay for these imitations you could go to a licensed "state store" and be sure of the ingredients, proof & quality in the finished product. I like to know exactly what I'm drinking and the "proof".

As for myself, I prefer a good bourbon....and for the price of what you'll pay at those shops for inferior alcohol, I can buy good higher quality stuff at the "state store".....just sayin'

Ray

1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Davy Crockett Tennessee Whiskey & Ole Smokey Moonshine

I bought a bottle last week. They are 51.5% alcohol.

columbus, ohio
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Davy Crockett Tennessee Whiskey & Ole Smokey Moonshine

I agree, go for the fun ambience of the taste testing but buy something else.... I'd rather go to one of the wineries!

south carolina
Level Contributor
97 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Davy Crockett Tennessee Whiskey & Ole Smokey Moonshine

I love Davy Crockett! That southern pecan is yummy! I want to say it's around $30 a bottle.

Central City...
Level Contributor
153 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Davy Crockett Tennessee Whiskey & Ole Smokey Moonshine

Dont forget the free samples! those are always fun!