We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best tubing rentals?

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best tubing rentals?

Who do you recommend for tubing rentals?

Are all the rental companies in Townsend?

I noticed people coming down the river as we drove over to townsend, where do they get in at?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,329 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best tubing rentals?

Most of the tubing rental places are in Townsend on the TN side or Bryson City on the NC side near Deep Creek.

Most of the time, in Townsend, the tubing begins up at or near the Townsend Y intersection and they float back to town.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best tubing rentals?

Hi jmh

Here is the website for one of the tubing places in Townsend:

http://www.littleriverrage.com/

Then in the park on the Cherokee side at Deep Creek is:

http://www.deepcreekcamping.com/Tubing.html

There is one other place I know about and it is on Wears Valley Road near the turn into the park. You take the tubes off on your own into the park. They will tell you where to go - but, imh, you should still know the rivers well and know when to get out, so I would not necessarily recommend this one.

Here are few more places that we have not used:

Mountain View Canoe Rentals. Canoes and tubes. 1(865) 428-6112.

River Romp.In Pigeon Forge

tnvacation.com/vendors/smoky_mountain_river_…

www.pigeonforgeonline.com/rafting.

Mountain View Canoe Rentals. Canoes and tubes. 1(865) 428-6112.

There is one other place I know about and it is on Wears Valley Road near the turn into the park. You take the tubes off on your own into the park. They will tell you where to go - but, imh, you should still know the rivers well and know when to get out, so I would not necessarily recommend this one.

Have fun! We love it.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
677 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best tubing rentals?

I can recommend the Deep Creek area in NC. The drive was lovely and the there is a three waterfall hiking trail too. Any of the tube rental vendors will do. They were all $2 for the day. Such a deal. I think Deep Creek is a little less crowded than Townsend. Mostly families with a few older teens but a very nice float.

Panama City Beach...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best tubing rentals?

We always tube with River Rats they are the best! There are cheap places in town but the service is just not the same. 865-448-8888 I think the website is www.smokymtnriverrat.com

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best tubing rentals?

River Rat is a great place! It was really cheap and you only pay one price to tube all day. Of course, after the third or fourth time you're a little water logged. They had food there as well and some arcade type things. I would recommend them!

6. Re: Best tubing rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, August 12, 2009