We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summit condos in Gatlinburg

dayton,ohio
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Summit condos in Gatlinburg

Anyone stayed here? Is it close enough to the main drag to walk?

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summit condos in Gatlinburg

I have not stayed there but I have looked at them and they are in a great location. They are right off the pkwy but it doesn't seem like it. You would never have to get into your car if you didn't want to.

Amory, Mississippi
Level Contributor
129 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summit condos in Gatlinburg

We just got back from there this past week, rented through VRBO, and loved it! There is an elevator just to the right of the pool that you can take and it will drop you off at Quality Inn Creekside's covered garage. You will be about 50 easy yards from the parkway. In my opinion it is the only place to stay while in the Burg. It's located on the less crowded end of the parkway and we use the bypass to get in and out of there. If you choose to walk down the condo drive, it is steep and will work on your knees.

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summit condos in Gatlinburg

We stayed there a few years ago. They were very nice and have a great location. The drive was a little steep for our van, but we parked and didn't drive it until we were ready to leave. Our only complaint was that the bedroom was too small for my husband to navigate in his wheelchair.

dayton,ohio
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summit condos in Gatlinburg

Sounds perfect for a girl trip. I heard the traffic will be awful so I'll park and walk! Thanks

King George...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summit condos in Gatlinburg

Sounds nice! Where on the parkway is it located? We usually stay at the Baskins Creek condos close to the back entrance to the village, but their prices have gone up substantially since last year. We're looking for somewhere new.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summit condos in Gatlinburg

They are located right past the convention center going towards the park. They sit high upon a hill, you really wouldn't see them from the pkwy unless you were looking for them. There not cheap either.......

Amory, Mississippi
Level Contributor
129 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Summit condos in Gatlinburg

It's close to The Best Italian, Calhoun's, Howard's and Cherokee Grill...also on the same side of the parkway. There is a large sign that says Summit Manor... nightly rentals that can be easily seen from the parkway. You turn at that sign, up the steep hill and to the right will get you there. Plenty of parking space too. Be sure to search VRBO.com for Summit Manor and save a few bucks. 125 LeConte Creek Rd. Gatlinburg, Tn

Alabama
Level Contributor
261 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Summit condos in Gatlinburg

We stayed there two yrs ago and loved it. The condo we rented faced Calhouns and that area. Very easy to navigate the parkway. Would stay there again. Our condo was updated and very nice.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
790 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Summit condos in Gatlinburg

The Summit Condo's we stayed at years ago was not on the main drag, but up the mountain at the "Summit" hence the name above Ober Gatlinburg a good 3 miles up a very steep road. Be sure of which you are referring to.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
148 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Summit condos in Gatlinburg

We stayed there several years ago and the answer is no. It's up at the top of the mountain on a little winding road!